This job might no longer be available.
Head of Global Talent & Learning Development
San Francisco, CA
3 months ago
Twitch is searching for a Head of Global Talent and Learning Development to join our People team. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, you will be responsible for the oversight and leadership of the talent programs strategy and activities including: talent development, learning programs, partnering with People Partners, cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to develop succession planning, behavioral and technical competencies, career pathing, performance review processes, and engagement programs
You and your team team will be accountable for delivering creative and agile learning strategies and experiences that ensure leaders are supported in building stable talent pipelines and a culture of continuous learning and development that strives to ensure Twitch continues to be a great place to work and learn.
You will play a strategic role in shaping and managing our learning and development approach and set our framework around manager expectations and development that will ultimately help drive strategic business goals. You should demonstrate strong consultative, relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills, and be effective at quickly establishing credibility and developing working relationships. In this hands-on role you will need to be able to flex from strategic to tactical work depending on priorities and needs. In addition, you will be a strong and influential leader to provide coaching, support, and development within the Talent Development Team.
- Lead development of L&D framework, strategy, and execution for Twitch’s global employee population with an initial emphasis on creating an overall forward-looking manager development program and roadmap
- Define, design and execute scalable and consistent individual contributor and manager experiences through the creation and delivery of learning journeys that promote development and engagement
- Create an efficient, consistent and scalable Global onboarding experience and partner with business leaders to create and improve functional onboarding
- Serve as a facilitator across training programs and for Leadership teams
- Partner with the People Partnering team to drive education and execution of all People Programs including performance management, talent planning. employee engagement, and total rewards to increase overall company performance
- A passion for Learning & Development and respect for the discipline and art of organization development; Experience in organizational design and change management is a plus.
- Understands adult learning theory and basic instructional design concepts; can apply concepts for maximum audience engagement and effectiveness
- Familiarity and comfort in environments where growth and change are the constants, pace is fast and a global mindset is required
- Uses data and insights to make decisions and influence others
- A master facilitator with motivational, high-impact facilitation style
- Related experience in Learning & Development and/or Organization Development
- Strong people manager capabilities that inspire followership
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy, define programs and deliver content
- Proficiency in using technology to leverage Learning & Development and proficiency in using data and analytics to measure program outcomes
- Able to seamlessly navigate between the big picture and the details, and between hands on and strategic
- Ability to travel domestically and globally as needed
- You are a Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin
and on our Blog
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.