Head of Games
16 days ago
Job Posting TitleHead of Games
Why Big Fish Games?
Big Fish Games is the home of some of the biggest hit mobile casual games including EverMerge, Gummy Drop!, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire, and many more.
- We are curious and constantly seek improvement in all we do because that’s what our business demands
- We operate with good intentions, confidence, and humility
- We welcome diversity of background, thought, and experience
- We listen actively and value each other
- We foster a fun environment that inspires creativity
OverviewAs the Head of Game, you will oversee a game in development with the goal of launching and growing it into a top-grossing mobile game. You will lead a multi-disciplinary team, collaborate with multiple development partners and be accountable for the financial performance of your game. You will be joining the Big Fish Studio leadership team, reporting into the Senior Vice President of Studios.
Big Fish Games aims to foster a strong product organization that promotes a positive and inclusive working culture which embodies excellence, passion and team collaboration to deliver amazing world class experiences for our players and outcomes for our business. The right leader will be able to form strong relationships across Big Fish Games, our sister companies, and our parent organization, Pixel United, and influence the entire team to execute effectively. It's critical that the HoG be able to establish credibility at the executive level as the product owner and vision holder for their game as well as be hands-on where needed.
What You'll Do
- Have a clear vision for the future of the team and game and work with the team’s leadership to enact a plan to reach those goals, including managing partner developers and outsourcers, setting the hiring plans, and guiding support functions to take on major initiatives.
- Create the product strategy for the game, in collaboration with Finance, Growth, Business Performance and the craft leads, and make sure that the business outcomes are addressed.
- Be accountable for the roadmap, working with a group of product managers to see that the roadmap executes the desired outcomes and product strategy, including the Live Ops schedule and strategy.
- Manage and grow a team of enthusiastic product managers, helping them achieve their career objectives
- Work closely with support functions to achieve the games goals: HR, Recruitment, Central Tech, Growth, Legal, Data Science, Finance
- Build a strong relationship and partnership with your peers to share knowledge and help each other when needed
- Report on the game’s performance regularly to key stakeholders
- Champion the company’s people-first culture and values
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years leading free-to-play mobile games with a proven track record of delivering business results in a complex market
- A proactive leader who can successfully prioritize, influence and delegate projects to achieve their desired outcomes
- Believer in transparency and knowledge sharing to continuously level up the team
- Bold decision maker with an ability to grow from the outcomes of those decisions
- An inspiring and authentic leadership style that empowers and elevates the team
- Strategic thinking capability with the ability to remain hands on and ensure the success of operational execution
- Strong numerical abilities with a robust understanding of key performance drivers and an ability to focus the team on needle-moving activities
Benefits And Beyond
Employees constantly rate Big Fish Games highly for its leadership, flexibility, well-being, diversity and inclusion through quarterly surveys.
FLEX-Forward work environment: Customize the when, where, and how you work while delivering goals
Health & More: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Teladoc services, employee assistance program (EAP)
Work-Life: Wellness Friday (half-days), paid time off, parental leave, flexible work policy, studio holiday closure (Enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year!)
Wellbeing: Wellness fairs, weekly virtual workout classes, 24/7 access to mental health and wellbeing support, free therapy and counseling sessions for you and your family
Wealth Care: 401k matching, flexible spending account (FSA), employee discounts, employee stock purchase program
Learn & Grow: LinkedIn Learning subscription, mentorship program, career development, individual development plans, educational assistance on job-related professional development
Community & Fun: Company social events, employee impact groups, company swag, volunteer opportunities
About Big Fish
Building upon our 20-year legacy as a leader in the biggest gaming categories in the world, we are innovating and developing new products within the casual space to add to our extensive portfolio. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device. This means games for broad global audiences in genres that are easy to learn, and difficult to master. Be a part of the team from the start.
Big Fish is part of Pixel United, the free-to-play, mobile-first video games business of Aristocrat Leisure Ltd (ASX: ALL)!
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
LocationPoland - Remote
Time TypeFull time
CompanyBig Fish Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.