Head of Games Partner Management
4 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
The Head of Games Partner Management is a critical player within our Revenue Leadership Team, overseeing our Account Management & Developer Success teams. You will be the catalyst for success and innovation within our developer network, identifying both the untapped opportunity as well as bringing the best out of our partners.
Account Management & Developer Success is responsible for the revenue growth of our portfolio of developer studios; from indie to enterprise.
What You Will Do:
- Guide, manage, collaborate with the Head of Customer Success and the Head of Account Management on goals and best practices for client success in:
- Onboarding, optimizing, launching and growing the developer’s game footprint on the Skillz network
- Developing and executing on account plans and strategies that support key business metrics including client retention, revenue growth and profitability.
- Ensuring the streamlining of information and work flows between customers and other teams (Sales, Game Design, Engineering, Product,, Marketing, Support and Executive leads) to complete client goals and, in general, to be the voice of the customer to provide visibility and/or escalations
- Establishing a strategic consultative relationship with each assigned client during the integration effort and driving continued value of our products and services
- Architect and build a community within our develop ecosystem; to foster relationships, share learnings, and grow our partners’ business
- Be the catalyst for success through growth and innovation to all clients; not only to our large enterprise studios, but also for the long tail of our developers
- Scale the Account Management and Customer Success teams, capable of handling a robust portfolio of global clients
- Be a strategic thought leader to internal and external stakeholders
- 15+ years minimum of relevant professional experience in account management and customer success in a SaaS/High Tech industry; gaming experience is a huge plus.
- 5+ years minimum of scaling and managing high performing team(s)
- Strong strategic consultative selling and customer relationship management experience focusing on Enterprise B2B and B2B2C customer segment
- Significant experience cultivating trusting relationships with senior leaders in a creative environment, especially within gaming (game developers, studio heads) Success in working in a “fast paced” environment leveraging using tools like Salesforce.com and formal sales methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) that are leveraged to address complex business issues and opportunities
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- A deep sense of empathy for our developers
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .