About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first-person shooter game “Squad.” OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well-known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2022, OWI has nearly 110 employees located world-wide, with a new studio headquartered in historic downtown New Westminster, close to public transit. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods and a technology provider building a framework for character-based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit, and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games and supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for our first Head of Game Technology to manage a talented team of 15 - 20 tech wizards. This position reports directly to our Director of Technology.
- Coordinate common codebase development between game teams, including coding standards and knowledge base
- Oversee architecture of fundamental shared systems
- Provide mentorship to the most senior Programmers in the game teams
- Stay on top of Unreal Engine Technology and guide game teams toward best practices
- Lead the hiring process of Senior/Lead Engineers
- Coordinate with the Central Tech team
- Support the Lead Programmers on projects in the planning process
- 5+ years of management
- Experienced in leading multiple teams
- 3+ shipped titles
- Strong programming background
- Experience with Unreal Engine development is a bonus
- Humble by nature, believes in the bigger picture
- Superb ability to proactively recognize and respond to issues that may otherwise derail the delivery of business milestones
- An evangelizing leader who can inspire, motivate and collaborate with all stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, you are excited about helping set the vision and building the culture of a young company
- Are inherently good at coaching and mentoring junior talent, you take the professional development of your team seriously and feel that their success is your success
- Can have the necessary but tough conversations, always done with respect and with the desire for a mutually beneficial outcome
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the self-discipline
- Knowledgeable and approachable
- Holds themselves and their team accountable
What you bring to OWI:
- A People Manager who has experience in developing team members’ career advancement
- Experience building and running highly scalable applications
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, active listener, empathetic
- Outgoing, friendly, confident, innovative, and resourceful
- Passion for video games
This is a full-time permanent position with the requirement to work from our office at least 2 days a week.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume .
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.