This job might no longer be available.
Head of FP&A
22 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform dedicated to bringing out the best in everyone through competition. As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry, by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The Skillz platform empowers developers to create multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, with the goal of building the home of competition for all.Skillz has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and the number-one fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000. www.skillz.com
What We’re Looking For:
The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis will lead and grow a team to manage our business's operational and financial health. This Leader will work closely and productively with senior finance leaders and executive management to influence, refine, and implement strategy. The ideal candidate will have worked in a successful high-growth company and can bring such experiences to Skillz as we continue to define the future of esports and mobile gaming.
What You Will Do:
- Work directly with senior finance leaders to manage the company’s operational finance functions, including financial planning and a range of strategic financial matters
- Serve as a key business partner and contributor to growth strategies, tactics, and mid and long-range planning
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual and long-term budgeting and planning processes
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of junior and mid-level FP&A team members, ensuring they receive appropriate training, development, mentorship, and performance management.
- Provide analyses and recommendations on financial and operational metrics to executive management to support decision-making.
- Work closely with the company’s investor relations and accounting teams to support quarterly earnings announcements.
- Support the company’s corporate development team on M&A and strategic investment analyses and decisions.
- Increase the company’s ability to anticipate business issues and drive good decision-making through sound financial management.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting systems, ensuring the efficient day-to-day operation of the FP&A activities through developing and managing all internal and external financial reports, forecasts, budgets, and mid and long-range plans.
- Design and implement appropriate policies, internal controls, and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferably Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, or similar fields
- M.B.A. or master’s degree in finance is a plus
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in a financial management and operations function at a fast-growing company; experience with B2C online businesses strongly preferred
- Experience in an FP&A leadership role in a public company setting is preferred
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills for budgeting & forecasting, combined with strong attention to detail
- Intermediate SQL / Database experience
- Intermediate dashboard building experience
- Broad range of capabilities, including being an executor who can communicate problems and their solutions
- Ability to take high-level strategic perspectives while not being afraid to delve into the details of specific analyses
- Ability to interact with and influence people at all levels of an organization
- High degree of financial and analytical process leadership and business acumen
- Ability to present complex information in a usable format to a diverse audience
- Experience establishing, implementing, and adhering to process improvement initiatives within a high-growth environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with the feel of a start-up
- Driven by Skillz’s mission and committed to embodying the core values, including honor, collaboration, willingness, and balance, into all work-related initiatives
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .