Head of Data Governance
11 days ago
We are looking for a seasoned Data Governance specialist to head up our Data Governance team. Data documentation, rating, access & protection, security and data quality will be the top priorities of this role.
The Head of Data Governance will be reporting to the Head of Analytics Solutions and will be responsible for creating a comprehensive data governance program and forming the systematic approach for the team and the company. This exciting and challenging role will be partnering with a wide array of teams such as Product, Engineering, Analytics, Platform, Infrastructure, Compliance, Legal, Audit, etc. and will work with a team of accomplished data professionals to elevate the attention and discipline which data requires, to build inventories of data assets and data flows to support ongoing broader work and decision making. If you enjoy collaboration to achieve complex objectives, are curious, inventive, and are inspired by data, come join us.
- Establish Data Governance Framework and build the Data Governance team
- Partner with internal teams to develop and manage data policies, standards, practices, and processes for Governance Leads, Data Owners, Data Stewards, and enterprise stakeholders, to cover the entire data lifecycle
- Data governance and stewardship support, including data quality, data lineage, and data change management
- Develop and define the Data Governance roadmap activities and implementation plans
- Advise and lead practices from design to implementation to ensure effective management of classification, handling, and availability of information
- Perform tasks such as documenting process flows, challenges & issues, and target state recommendations
- Report on progress and maturity of Data Governance Program
- Collaborate and influence across multiple levels of the organization, as the Trusted Advisor
- Influence key stakeholders on value proposition of Data Governance and Quality initiatives
- Execute Data Quality initiatives to improve accuracy, completeness and timeliness of data required for decision-making across the organization.
- Collaborate with Data Owners to identify, understand and prioritize data quality issues and identify opportunities to improve the use and consumption of their data.
- Provide leadership to Data Stewards by helping define roles, processes, success metrics and recruiting, mentoring individuals into the Data Governance steering and working groups.
- Create and shepherd the Data Governance Committee and its work
- Support data rating, along with analysis and/or development of Data Governance progress and quality performance measurements
- Comfortable working in a distributed team environment
- Experience with Alation preferred
Qualifications & Experience:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Strong data champion who consistently works with business and technology teams, to help define and implement data governance organization
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience working in a data management or equivalent organization role (Data Management / Data Governance or BI / Analytics team) with focus on driving complex, data driven programs
- 7+ years of experience in business, data or analytics
- Minimum3 years explicitly in a data governance role
- Provide thought leadership, best practices, and standards required to deliver effective Data Governance and Data Management solutions across an organization
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and forward-thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience in managing and implementing data catalogs for data governance policies
- Understanding of data management concepts and associated business processes and tools, specifically Data Governance, Master Data Management, Data Modeling, Metadata Management, Data Quality
- Experience using Master Data Management, Data Governance, and Data Quality tools
- Strong experience with large data sets
- Ability to work independently while being a team player with the ability to build strong relationships across the organization at all levels, and successfully contribute to cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience to collaborate with colleagues and take a business-oriented approach while identifying and balancing risks and providing succinct, accurate and pragmatic advice
- Exceptional analytical skills, independent judgment, a desire to learn, and an ability to take on and prioritize a wide variety of complex matters
- Can-do attitude, able to work under pressure, manage tight deadlines and a high volume of projects
- Willingness to engage with business stakeholders and users to understand data management requirements
- A demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly
- Bachelors or higher degree in computer or data science, mathematics, information management, management science, organizational behavior, or related fields