Head of Creative
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
22 days ago
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As the Head of Creative you will lead the creative team in the production of highly effective user acquisition creative across both video and playable.
What you tell your friends you do
“I am the lead in all things creative within the Kwalee marketing team - I am the first line of ideation and creativity and help facilitate the ideas of each one of my team.”
What you will really be doing
- Lead the ‘creative’ element of the creative team, devising and facilitating brand new ad ideas and concepts across both video and playable. Not just following trends, but setting them.
- Working alongside the creative producers (who handle workflow) to organise and manage the wider creative team.
- Running creative meetings; leading idea generation and helping others foster their own concepts.
- Be the expert on industry-wide creative and game developments, staying on top of trends and allowing those to influence ideation.
- Communicating with other departments and colleagues, taking onboard ideas and executing them.
- Closely following the performance of creative across all channels in order to understand internal trends and developments.
- Constantly looking for new ways for the creative team to work in order to improve efficiency and help with creativity.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to find the best games and improve them so they’re a success.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the original Micro Machines video game.
Skills and requirements
- Several years experience as a mobile ads creative team member or manager
- Proven managerial experience or a desire to take on a managerial role
- Interest in marketing and advertising technology
- Strong skills with Adobe software package
- High-level communication skills
- Passion for mobile games
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.