Head of Corporate Development
17 days ago
The Head of Corporate Development works with senior leaders across Discord to help accelerate our mission through M&A and strategic projects. Reporting to our Chief Operating Officer, you'll start out as a mighty team of one responsible for sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and completing acquisitions, and helping identify industry trends in the social, communications, and gaming industries.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about the future of communications and social media. You enjoy solving complex problems, builds relationships with different teams, and excel in an evolving organization. You thrive when it comes to negotiating. You will be an essential member of this new team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Discord. If you're passionate about helping the world find belonging and enthusiastic about leading M&A deals and other projects end-to-end, we'd love to talk to you!
What you'll be doing
- Work with Discord's executive team and Product & Business leadership to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate our mission
- Serving as an important member of our strategy organization you'll conduct competitive intelligence, market analysis, and bring us ideas and shine a light on blind spots
- Help build the deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new corporate development opportunities
- Lead the end-to-end deal M&A process from strategy development and business case modeling to deal negotiation and due diligence to cross-functional integration
- Establish important strategies and modeling for outsized organic and inorganic growth opportunities for the business
What you should have
- Experience in corporate development or venture capital + operating experience
- Experience leading end-to-end M&A transactions
- A superb and creative negotiator
- Experience working with product and engineering functions
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field; Masters preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.