This job might no longer be available.
Head of Commerce Business Operations and BI
8 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Position
The Twitch Commerce team provides streamers monetization tools to make a living on Twitch. We are dedicated to evidence-driven decision-making and use data to help streamers grow their small businesses. The Head of Business Operations and BI leads a growing team of data analysts, Business Managers, BIEs who provide insights necessary to grow the Commerce business and provide more innovative monetization solutions.
You will work cross-functionally across the organization to understand all aspects of Twitch Commerce. You will help identify and evaluate new market and product opportunities, and drive strategic recommendations with actionable insights. You will partner with Twitch Commerce leaders and leverage your analytical mindset and knowledge of operational insights to optimize business performance, help prioritize roadmap and deliver best-in-class execution.
You will be responsible for ensuring that we have adequate data infrastructure and reporting, that we inform operating models with predictive capability and that we have a research agenda to discover product-defining insights. You will have relentlessly high standards for data engineering product management, value design and research, and you raise the bar for what rigorous, important, timely, and business-relevant BI is at Twitch. You will shape the way business performance is measured, define what questions should be asked, and lead the development of analytics methods and tools to support our growing business.
- Identify, analyze, and size business growth opportunities and help drive commerce roadmap prioritization.
- Develop mechanisms to analyze and present historical financial data and business metrics; conduct weekly and monthly business rhythm.
- Conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses and develop business models for various initiatives
- Define Twitch Commerce data and reporting needs, work with engineering teams to produce high quality raw data, and build reporting processes and mechanisms to make that data valuable to stakeholders at Twitch and Amazon.
- Represent the Commerce org's data interests to influence company-wide research, tools, and platform vision.
- Establish analytical framework for Twitch Commerce: partner with product and engineering teams to define measurement approach, quantify and evaluate success, and develop KPIs and guide tracking efforts for ongoing measurement and reporting.
- Tackle complex and ambiguous analytic projects: resolve ambiguity as much as possible in all stages, accurately identifying trade-offs between speed and quality and apply or route work as necessary.
- Maintain a culture of high quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to unexpected obstacles and reallocate resources as necessary.
- Define the research vision, and oversee planning, staffing, and prioritization to make sure the team is advancing that roadmap.
- Significant professional experience as a business leader, responsible for reporting, BI product management, business operations, setting and executing on a data, and research strategy for a company or large business unit.
- Demonstrates excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, and strategic thinking ability
- Thrives in ambiguity and in a fast paced startup like environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics for a variety of audiences.
- Pattern of successfully building durable processes that increase the efficiency and leverage of your teams in hiring, talent development, research processes, knowledge management, standardizing methods, etc.
- Broad expertise in technical data tools and methods, including experimentation, causal inference, statistics, predictive modeling, classifiers + clustering, visualization, search/ranking algorithms, etc.
- We encourage candidates to apply who have held the responsibilities above, regardless of years of experience or educational credentials. But we roughly expect competitive candidates to have:
- 6+ years of experience in working in data science in a consumer product company, management consulting or investment banking/private equity top tier firm, or in business strategy and ops or in financial planning and analytics in a high growth technology company
- 3+ years of experience managing data analysts and data scientists
- 3+ years of experience partnering with executive staff on data topics
- You are Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.