This job might no longer be available.
Head of Business Intelligence
San Francisco CA US
13 days ago
GSN Games is looking for a Head of Business Intelligence to join our team!
The Head of Business Intelligence, will lead the GSN Games effort to optimize our business and provide actionable analytical insights to the organization. This role reports to the EVP Corporate Development.
The Head of Business intelligence develops and commercializes business intelligence policies, analyses, and reports and works cross-functionally with various business owners to share best practices, drive consistency of analysis and reporting. Head of BI will manage a team of central BI analysts to ensure timely high-quality reporting and analytics at the Company level and will lead the BI team in providing in-depth analyses to support management decision-making and company growth. The Head of BI has a critical relationship with each Studio GM as well as the Head of Data Engineering & Analytics. There will be a dotted line relationship between this role/team and the product and marketing/UA data analysts in each studio.
- Provide guidance to Executive management and functional leaders on KPI's, metrics, and business decisions including accurate analysis of user and business data
- Develop, track, and enforce consistent data definitions and assumptions across KPI metrics and reporting
- Advise in the usage, interpretation, and automation of data to various business partners including but not limited to recommended tools and software
- Develop and implement strategies to support ongoing data management needs, such as governance, technology shifts, and regulatory compliance changes
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, operations, finance, and marketing to help develop data-informed business strategies and road maps
- Implement a measurement and tracking system that enables departmental performance benchmarking against best practices across the gaming world
- Partner with the Studio GMs and functional leadership to drive the design and development of analytical projects designed to understand key business behaviours that drive customer acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Partner with finance team in developing budgets, forecasts, and ad hoc analyses that are informed by data-driven insights and operating metrics
- Develop KPI dashboards for Exec Management use
- Hire, train, and supervise BI team and ensure that team meets the reporting and analytical needs of the business users
Working closely with internal clients, the successful candidate will have excellent stakeholder management, analytics, advanced modelling techniques as well as exceptional communication skills.
In addition, we value curiosity to learn and a fearless approach to evaluating and adopting new analytical technologies, methods and approaches.
- Ability to proactively identify business problems, break them down into analytical tasks, and solve them
- Ability to communicate results to a business audience in a clear and concise way
- Demonstrated success in product and stakeholder management
- Experience working with executive management, business leads, developers, and marketing teams to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Deep analytical abilities and experience improving performance in key operating metrics, specifically but not limited to:
- demand planning
- financial modelling
- predictive analysis
- acquisition, retention, and monetization insights
- free to play game design
- customer segmentation
- 7+ Years Work Experience in relevant industry sectors (preferable games as services)
- Advanced degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Math, Economics or in Computer Science with Modelling/Data Science coursework
- Ability to manage, recruit and scale highly productive analytics teams including managers
- Experience working with Senior and Executive leadership as a quantitative owner
- Familiarity with relational databases, MS SQL, data transformation, data mining, machine learning algorithms, data visualization, and ad hoc analysis
- Experience with big data software and techniques a big plus
- Can work with Database and Statistical applications; can automate routine procedures and create tools that increase productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to work productively with others in a highly collaborative manner
- High degree of Initiative, Integrity & Curiosity for understanding patterns and behaviours through the use of data
- Advanced MS SQL skills working experience with SQL Server Analysis Services preferred
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of live-service and games-at-scale
- Experience managing and leading teams with varied abilities and skill sets across different geographies and cultures
- Excellent business architect including the ability to look across disciplines and design new approaches where needed
- A proven track record of managing and executing large projects and stakeholders from start to finish delivering impactful results
- Direct leadership over small team of BI Analysts
- Dotted relationship over Player Insights team
- Dotted relationship to UA, Marketing and Data Analysts in each Studio