Head of Business Intelligence & Reporting, Business Operations
16 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
About the Team:
The Business Operations (“BizOps”) team is a nimble and highly impactful team that provides critical guidance, insights and strategic frameworks to the senior leaders responsible for our various functions and business units. The team operates like an internal consulting group to define and drive strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company, creating the foundational business infrastructure that enables the company to efficiently and effectively scale. The Head of Business Intelligence and Reporting will be responsible for hiring a team to build meaningful analytics, reporting, and actionable insights enabling strategic decision-making at the executive level.
- Enable our senior and executive leadership teams to make the right business decisions based on internal and external data
- Identify most efficient and effective way to extract business data from multiple end-points
- Identify most important company-wide business key performance indicators and root-cause drivers (relationships and patterns among data)
- Identify major reporting pain-points for executives that block ability to systematically take both reactive and proactive action on business performance insights
- Define analysis and visualization strategy, drive technical decisions, and deliver reporting, advanced insights and predictive products and tools that are customizable, data-driven, and flexible enough for evolving business needs
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior leaders and other stakeholders to build cross-functional consensus
- Identify opportunities for leveraging data in their operational decision making
- 10+ years experience creating and maintaining high-quality aggregated data sets from unstructured raw data to efficiently address impactful business questions
- Inquisitive mindset with degrees in data science, statistics, economics, business administration or any quantitative discipline (advanced degrees preferred but not required)
- Deep understanding of data management, modeling, and visualization
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Deep intelligence, ability to build close relationships with stakeholders to understand their needs, and no ego
- Comfortable managing competing priorities and ambiguity at all levels of an organization, including executive leadership
- Excellent with data visualizations and connecting data insights to strategy - strong with Excel, Tableau, SQL/Python/R preferred but not required
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.