This job might no longer be available.
VP of Brand Marketing
7 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
The Marketing department is looking for a visionary leader to guide the Skillz Brand strategy. As the Head of Brand Marketing, you will lead the development of our brand foundations, re-image the Skillz brand visual ID, and ongoing development and leadership of all marketing campaigns. You will represent the voice of the consumer throughout the organization with deep knowledge of Skillz, the category, and end user essential to your success. Your key challenge will be building and scaling the brand marketing organization while simultaneously laying the foundations for the Skillz brand globally. You must balance both creative and management skills to deliver best in class creative content while growing your team and driving process improvements.
The Head of Brand Marketing partners with and reports to the Head of Brand Marketing.
The right candidate will play a critical role in the next phase of building a world-class marketing organization at Skillz while elevating brand awareness and affinity.
- Design, build, and scale the Brand Marketing function
- Drive the development of Skillz’s brand foundations, visual ID, and brand voice to inform all aspects of creative and brand expression globally
- Lead Skillz’s brand campaign development to drive awareness, consideration, affinity, and incremental metrics to meet marketing department goals
- Drive the Skillz brand vision and align creative needs with key internal constituents, especially Consumer Marketing and Product teams
- Ensure maximum campaign effectiveness by setting, measuring, and optimizing short and long-term key performance indicators
- Establish Skillz’s brand social strategy and voice across all outlets to support key department goals, optimize organic traffic, and amplify paid media campaigns
- Establish consumer insights and research needs and reporting to deliver campaigns that resonates with the target audience
- Identify, evaluate, and select appropriate vendors, tools, and software
- 15+ years of brand marketing or creative agency experience
- Demonstrated track record of developing deep consumer insights leading to world-class marketing campaigns
- Direct leadership of 360 marketing campaigns, product launches, and seasonal activations at global scale essential while delivering against clear and measurable KPIs
- Fluent in quantitative and qualitative consumer research and brand tracking analysis
- Expert visual storyteller for both internal and external audiences
- Experience in a senior management position, directly managing teams of at least 10+ marketers globally distributed
- Ability to keep large teams focused on common goals.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.