Head of Brand Marketing
Montreal QC ca
13 days ago
- Portfolio Roadmap - In collaboration with the development team, build the long-term product portfolio roadmap for the company. Primary conduit for ensuring studio brand strategies are in synch with development and business priorities. Assist in evaluating and greenlighting new additions to the portfolio. Identify gaps in the portfolio and opportunities for growth.
- Portfolio Financials – In collaboration with development and growth team ensure that current brand strategies are delivering on revenue goals across the portfolio. Assist in setting financial goals and KPIs for overall marketing team.
- Brand Strategies – Work with your team of brand directors and managers to develop, review and sign-off on product brand strategies that meet the portfolio’s development and financial goals.
- Team Leadership – Manage and support the career development of your team, including regular 1:1’s and annual reviews with direct reports.
- Thought Leadership – Ensure the latest knowledge and learnings on the implementation of consumer entertainment brands are shared within the team and executive management.
- Minimum 10+ years marketing experience in video games, including 5+ years brand management and 5+ years managing a videogames marketing team
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Statistics or Business; MBA preferred
- Proven track record of working closely with development teams to successfully launch titles across multiple regions
- Strong business analytical skills with with demonstrated expertise driving ROI across the full range of marketing initiatives
- Successful track record marketing PC, console and mobile titles
- Experience with player acquisition, retention and monetization
- Proven record of managing business partnerships with licensors, distributors, agencies, influencers, hardware partners and 1st party platforms
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge and passion for video games
Personal Attributes and Values
- Strong and clear communicator able to build healthy trust-based relationships with teams in development and marketing
- Exude a commitment to driving results and not just activity; eager and willing to measure and improve campaigns based on quantitative and qualitative results
- Demonstrate sound fundamentals of brand marketing and a passion for driving brand strength across the company and its portfolio
- Enjoy working in team environments with peers and subordinates, serving as a mentor and manager for a team of brand professionals
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
We are looking for an innovative, results-driven Head of Brand Marketing to lead our brand teams dedicated to the company’s self-published titles, including our flagship intellectual property Dead by Daylight and Dead by Daylight Mobile, licensed properties such including Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall, and multiple unannounced games.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Head of Brand Marketing will be responsible for leading a team of 10+ brand marketers and managing a portfolio of games across multiple platforms (PC, console and mobile) and regions throughout their phases of development, from concept stage through launch and live operations.
You and your team will be responsible for developing the core of the marketing strategy for each product: defining the target customer and positioning frameworks, driving consumer insights and competitive intelligence into the product development process, and orchestrating the marketing effort across all disciplines including user acquisition, CRM, PR and events, creative services, partnerships and more.
In partnership with each game’s development team, you and your team are also responsible for achieving the financial targets for the game. On this front, your particular focus will be to deploy marketing resources for maximum financial impact while maintaining the highest level of brand integrity.