Head of Art
12 days ago
The Head of Art will sit on Technicolor Games’ senior leadership team as the division’s foremost creative. The role will act as a mentor and leader to Technicolor Games’ global creative team, and work with the other members of the SLT to define the companies roadmap and diversification plans. The Head of Art will also coordinate with our global delivery and sales teams to ensure that our work is of the highest quality and that our clients are always happy.
As Technicolor Games enters into an exciting period of growth, we are looking for a dynamic leader to help shape the company’s creative output. The Head of Art will have an opportunity to build something and leave their mark on a growing business.
- Motivate, inspire, and mentor the global creative team.
- Help set up local / client facing creative Centres of Excellence.
- Work with the Games SLT to define and develop the creative and business vision.
- Help diversify the business by identifying new areas the business can play in.
- Ensure global quality of projects.
- Stay abreast of technological developments to ensure Technicolor Games remains at the forefront of innovation.
- Push the bar from a creative perspective while appreciating the wider commercial context.
- Help win new business by talking to clients about the creative expertise of Technicolor Games.
- Represent the business externally; talking at events and helping to bolster the market perception of Technicolor Games.
- Engage with leadership to understand the holistic opportunities of commercial growth and development within the division.
- Have managed large teams of 50+ creatives.
- Working in a global, 24-hour company, ideally in global roles.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in client-facing roles; the Head of Art needs to be able to speak to clients with enough technical knowledge to drive revenue growth.
- Experience in a variety of different art disciplines (e.g. 3D, environment, concept, animation, etc.); needs to be able to understand all the work going on in the team and relay this information to clients.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine.
- Demonstrable ability to act at pace in a rapidly changing environment.
- Coaching and mentoring experience.
- Passion for where the company / industry’s going; we’ve got lots of growth & evolution planned and we need someone energetic to help drive that.
- Commercial acumen.
- Be a tech pioneer and ahead of the game; needs to be able to understand, implement, and act as a teacher & mentor for new technologies and software.
- You will have high energy and flexibility, good communication skills, and huge amounts of drive.
- Ability to develop strong working relations at all levels.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously; orientated on results - while retaining all relevant information.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
For 107 years Technicolor has remained at the forefront of creative technology in the entertainment industry through artistry, reputation, and craft. We are born of this ever-evolving creative legacy and work to inspire the world’s most creative games developers to have unlimited ideas. With our rich history in mind, Technicolor Games is unlike any other studio, offering full-service production across a single IP from in-game to Film, TV, Advertising, and Animation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.