Head of Analytics
3 months ago
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a Head of Analytics to join the Mediatonic Product team.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
We are looking for an exceptionally data-savvy Head of Analytics to create and shape the analytics function at Mediatonic. With millions of players playing our games each day, we want to maximise what we can learn to make our experiences ever more engaging, desirable, and fun.
This role will act as a champion for analytics, educating various areas across the business on how data can add value to their work. The candidate will bring a depth of functional and subject matter experience (technological and methodological) with a proven track record driving meaningful product wins through insights, influence, and building a world-class team.
- Build, lead, and mentor a high-performing team of data analysts and data engineers
- Work closely with leadership to answer important questions about our products and the business.
- Be a thought partner to our game teams to identify and execute on how data/analytics can drive their priorities forward
- Guide the analytics methodologies for A/B testing, measurement, and KPI establishment
- Partner with our Product team to influence planning and prioritization
- Champion strategic areas where we can invest to improve our data capabilities, tools, and reporting/dashboard infrastructure to enable decision-making throughout the company
- Foster a data culture across the organization by proactively sharing valuable insights to teams around the company
The ideal candidate with have experience in a data-related senior role (Senior Manager, Head of Data) at a Game or Technological company, where you positively impacted the business with data and insights. You will have exceptional people management skills with the ability to lead, inspire, develop a growing team.
- Exceptional communication and people skills, ensuring you can remain up to date with the analytics needs of the business, whilst also ensuring your teams are aligned and collaborative in their approach
- You have excellent influencing skills, with the ability to persuasively sell findings/recommendations, and affect strategic decisions at senior leadership level
- Work experience in the Games industry is a plus otherwise, a strong passion for games is necessary
- Good knowledge of the entire analytic toolset and know-how to choose the right analytic techniques that best address the business problems at hand.
- You are proficient in SQL and good knowledge of big data and BI architecture.
- You have first-hand experience with data visualization tools like Tableau/PowerBI and data migration.
- Experience working with large volumes of data in cloud-based platforms is strongly preferred (Snowflake, Redshift, etc)
- Fluent in English.
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including upto 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.