Head Women's Football Researcher (Freelance)
22 days ago
We are Sports Interactive 🎮
The gaming studio behind: ⚽ Football Manager .
Founded in 1994, Sports Interactive (‘SI’) became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA Europe in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as we bring our titles to an ever-growing audience across an increasing variety of platforms.
To support our growth, we welcome the opportunity to connect with passionate people with the drive to match our ambitions and initiative to realise your individual potential.
Reporting to the Head of Women’s Football Research, Head Researchers will require in depth knowledge and research skills into specific leagues or footballing nations.
The Head Researcher role will play a key part in developing and supporting the women’s football database and team. It is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to work on a self-employed and flexible basis as an additional source of income during your spare time.
We are looking for passionate experts of women’s football in the following countries/leagues:
Please note: Th e Head Researcher role is a paid freelance position based on output of services and quality of research provided. You must have the appropriate right to work within the territory you are based
- Collect, collate, and enter specific accurate footballing data in a timely manner.
- Create a network list and community of voluntary researchers which will assist in providing accurate data.
- Provide detailed competition rules for all the competitions required so they can be coded as realistically as possible.
- Quality check any data from others to improve any data that Football Manager has within the database.
- There's also potential to canvas a team of voluntary Assistant Researchers to cover specific clubs within designated leagues or nations, but this will be assessed at a later date.
- A huge passion for football, in particular women’s football.
- Extensive knowledge of your designated league and women’s football in that nation.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent English verbal and written skills.
- Ability to build and foster working relationships and networks.
- A knowledge of Football Manager (desirable).
- Football scouting and/or analytics experience or qualifications (desirable).
- Experience working on databases (desirable).
What is it like to work here?
We approach everything with passion , whether that is making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
For us, talent wins games, but teamwork wins titles. Collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best. We believe everyone matters , no matter which part of the business you are in, so we encourage and support our people in driving your own growth and realising your full potential. But, more than anything else, we are a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that has a lot of fun doing what we do.
And whether that’s technical tweaks or fine-tuning our creative process, everything is geared at producing the best game possible for our players. To do that, we need to be tenacious and move quickly, and not be afraid of switching things up. It is these principles that have enabled us to produce a game that has defined year after year, and that will continue to push us for many more to come.
Our flexible working culture gives you the opportunity to optimise your workload, with in-office, hybrid, and remote working options dependent on role. So, if you want a work/life balance, we are behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that is not all you have got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job .
We’re also a London Living Wage employer, boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry and are proud to have won the ‘Best Places to Work’ award by Gamesindustry.biz in their Environmental category in 2022.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.