Hard Surface Artist (Vehicles)
15 days ago
That’s No Moon is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. A remote-friendly studio with a central office and performance capture stage located in Los Angeles, That’s No Moon is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
We are seeking Hard Surface Artist with a passion for crafting realistic, high-quality vehicles, weapons, and props. Working in collaboration with art direction, game design, and animation, you will be responsible for bringing next-gen hard surface assets to life for in-game and cinematic AAA content. If you live and breathe bullets, tanks, and drones, we want you to help push the industry to new heights of realism, gameplay and storytelling!
- Model and texture game-ready vehicles, weapons and hero props at the highest possible quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate with design, rigging, and animation to make sure weapons and vehicles feel as good as they look.
- Ensure hard surface assets are optimize run at peak performance in engine.
- Provide feedback on pipeline and process to improve our tools and push our quality bar further.
- Author photorealistic textures that tell the individual narratives of each asset, built to spec for complex shaders in Unreal.
Requirements & Skills:
- Shown production experience in hard surface assets and props for AAA video games
- Deep understanding of, and ability to analyze, industrial and mechanical designs
- Applied modeling experience with any of the following programs - Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, and ZBrush
- Proficient knowledge of Substance Painter
- Passion for guns, vehicles, and military equipment
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with photo-realistic game assets in a PBR renderer.
- (Bonus) Unreal Engine, Maya, Houdini, and Substance Designer
- (Bonus) Experience or interest in capturing or using scan data
- (Bonus) Fine art background or education
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to meet consistently meet production deadlines
- Great teammate invested in the success and development of the studio
- Able to communicate optimally, give constructive feedback and direction as well as adapt to creative and art direction
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.