Montreal QC ca
22 days ago
Collaborating alongside our production partners, the Big Data Platform team is responsible for the development and support of the analytics platform and tools that operate 24/7.
As the Hadoop Specialist, you’d be joining a worldwide team of diverse individuals all passionate about data. Furthermore, you will be responsible to work with our World Technical Operations team to setup, administer, and support the Hadoop environment within the Big Data realm.
- Play an active role in the operational aspects of the Hadoop services;
- Gather and map business requirements in order to do capacity planning and resource optimization of the Hadoop environment;
- Implement data transformations, data lineage, metadata management and file handling around the Cloudera and Hadoop platforms;
- Provide input to solutions that span across the Data Warehouse and Big Data platforms;
- Ensure the data is integrated within the Hadoop ecosystem, while working towards the tuning and optimizing the platform through maintenance and support;
- Automate jobs and use tools to define trends and predictive characteristics on cluster behavior;
- Develop and automate reports;
- Share knowledge with other team members to help improve best practices and establish new guidelines around process documentation.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems.
- 5+ years working within the Data Warehouse Management domain;
- 3+ years of managing and supporting applications using Hadoop or Hadoop based components.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong experience in coding (Java/Scala) and scripting (Pig, HiveQL);
- Strong experience in Linux/Unix O/S;
- Understanding of traditional ETL tools & Data Warehousing architecture;
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and Cloudera platform (MapReduce, HDFS, YARN, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Pig, Hue, Spark, Impala, Flume, etc.);
- Experience as a Hadoop/Big Data specialist in the Business Intelligence and Data management production support space;
- Knowledge on Agile Methodology and the Scrum process;
- Experience in Teradata and other RDBMS is an asset.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong capacity to communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people;
- Ability to autonomously lead and implement a requirement from end-to-end;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Bilingualism (French and English) oral and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.