HR and TA Operations Lead
19 days ago
Job Title:HR and TA Operations Lead
Job Title: HR and TA Operations Lead
Reporting To: Director, HR Operations
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Activision’s Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans. Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and its world of epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Activision Blizzard is looking for a HR and TA Operations Lead to help lead a team of Coordinators in providing interview coordination, candidate experience management, onboarding activities, full employee lifecycle requests, and advising on Tier 0 & 1 level HR and TA policy/process interpretation. You will provide support to teams across Talent Acquisition, HR, and the business. As a member of the HR Operations team, you focus on helping to facilitate the hiring of top talent, while collaborating closely with leaders. Of key importance will be managing and development of your team of Coordinators to independently advise on company policy and processes and resolve manager, employee and candidate inquiries and identifying and recommending automation and process improvement opportunities.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead and develop a team of Coordinators, with accountability for driving high standards of performance and service on your team. Lead your team through change and play a key role in adapting the services offered into a high-quality centralized service.
- Ensure that the team delivers with consistently high standards, while driving continuous improvement initiatives and effectively managing HR and Talent Acquisition compliance.
- Lead your team to provide excellent customer service and enable them to effectively manage incoming inquiries and routine questions related to all types of HR/TA policies, programs and procedures coming from employees, managers, HR and candidates. Ensure your team are utilizing these queries to continuously improve Tier 0/1 information and drive increased self-service.
- Manage and escalate complaints/sensitive people related cases to HRBPS/ People Directors and ensure your team maintains strict standards of confidentiality and appropriate escalations.
- Your team will be able to successfully prioritize and close HR/TA tasks against a tight timeline to help influence efforts towards attracting and hiring top talent in the Americas (including but not limited to interview scheduling, candidate travel and expenses, reimbursement support, and new hire onboarding) and improving the overall candidate and employee experience.
- Create reports on KPI’s and SLA’s and use that data to identify and provide visibility and insight where improvements are needed.
- Develop, oversee and contribute to projects that involve changes to the services provided which are related to process, the candidate and/or employee experience and more.
- The ability to motivate a team handling high volumes of requests in a fast paced, constantly changing business by anticipating problems, prioritizing and being proactive every day.
- Partner effectively with hiring teams, HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, and business leaders to enable effective candidate and employee interaction.
- Act as subject-matter-expert and functional leader regarding recruitment coordination service delivery queues, scheduling tools and HR data systems, including Workday.
- Experience with hands-on full cycle recruiting or human resources, preferably at a tech, gaming, entertainment, or similar industry.
- A minimum of 2+ years leading/managing an HR Operations or Recruiting.
- Previous experience working in a HR Shared Service function as a Team Leader.
- You’ll appreciate and understand the need for confidentiality and discretion in dealing with any people related activities.
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to coach, develop and motivate a team.
- Experience of establishing new processes and leading on how systems and processes can be optimized to improve service offerings, with a track record in delivering successful process improvements
- Should be comfortable leveraging data to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to manage and partner with a diverse stakeholder group
- Experience working with recruitment or HR data systems, inputting data and maintaining systems, preferably with a fast-moving company.
- Solid multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to work autonomously and with discretion
- Strong attention to detail, deadline driven, results oriented mindset with strong follow through
- Easily manage through ambiguity, shifting between priorities and projects seamlessly
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and navigate internal and external audience
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.