HR Project Manager (Remote Allowed)
3 months ago
Job Title:HR Project Manager (Remote Allowed)
Job Title: HR Project Manager
Reporting To: Director, HR PMO
Department: HR Strategy and Business Operations
Location: Santa Monica, CA; Irvine, CA; Work From Home
Activision plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a HR Project Manager, HR PMO, your role will be focused on the successful management and delivery of individual and integrated projects. This role will report to the Director, HR PMO and will lead high-impact, high-profile projects with the objective of transforming and maturing our HR programs and high-priority HR projects.
The HR Project Manager, HR PMO, will ensure successful delivery of HR projects that follow our established project management methodology and governance.
You will build project plans, manage cross-functional dependencies, mitigate risks, handle financials, and engage with collaborators on various teams. You will play a meaningful role in ensuring strategic program objectives are being met and provide oversight across project-level risks and issues.
The right player will ensure that zero tasks are late, and that escalations are addressed in a timely manner to deliver projects on time.
- Engage with other project managers and customer stakeholders using project management expertise, develops stakeholder relationships, escalated issues as needed
- Be a leader of project teams and project team members by providing oversight, guidance and direction. Guide and direct in alignment with governance, project plan tasks and actions. Motivate and drive results from the project team(s)
- Jump in and roll sleeves up when needed to assist in project task completion
- Facilitate project delivery satisfaction by engaging with stakeholders in a positive manner, reviewing feedback, build trusted relationships and supports colleagues in leveraging trusted relationships with internal resources
- Adhere to project compliance standards (e.g. confidentiality, privacy)
- Drive projects to ensure that strategic priorities are met by ensuring project(s) maintain alignment to goals and objectives of the organization. Initiating and communicating appropriate corrective measures to the plan(s) when needed to ensure that alignment
- Drive project initiation for projects of medium complexity (multiple COEs or internal teams make up project workstreams) with support from HR PMO by driving commitment of delivery resources, assigning resources, creating work breakdown structures (WBS), project plans, Risk/Issue logs, and other project collateral deemed necessary for delivery in the context of the project
- Establish clear expectations and accountabilities (e.g. monitor scope, RACI matrix) with all project team members and stakeholders for projects teams of medium complexity through participation in kick-off meetings
- Plan, manage, and monitor multiple, cross-functional, and global HR projects that will span the full HR suite or centers of excellence from initiation through implementation, including scope, changes, risk and quality. Acts as primary project contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives
- Establish all assigned projects in accordance with approved protocols, methodologies, and collaterals that ensure delivering projects on time, on budget, and while meeting high quality standards and stakeholder expectations
- Ensure change management strategy is developed and executed as needed in each project
- Identify and drive project risks and issues to resolution by developing options and recommendations. Escalate unresolved items to the leadership team in a timely manner
- Interacts with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to ensure projects tasks and deliverables are completed
- Follow established project change processes and confirms scope changes with stakeholders before formally initiating any changes.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provides escalation management, anticipates and make tradeoffs, and balances the business needs versus technical constraints
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to project team members and stakeholders, including meeting agendas and minutes in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Bring your passion for the candidate and employee experience as well as for our fellow HR players delivering a new way of working that unlocks our true potential
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five (5) years of program and project management experience
- Exceptional project management planning and delivery skills
- Proven problem-solving skills, fueled and validated by quantitative insight
- Minimum of one year in HR; leading HR projects and/or an HR professional
- Passion for leading high impact projects and especially in the Human resources function
- Creative thinker who thinks out-of-the-box and is not afraid to question the status quo
- Team player with a roll-up-one’s-sleeves attitude, and innate sense of proactivity
- Exhibits conviction and integrity – owning mistakes and displaying humility and resiliency, especially in difficult situations
- Knowledge of change management methodologies and strategies
- PMI certification and/or training in project management
- Strategic consultative approach with the ability to build relationships and credibility with stakeholders and cross-functional partners
- Comfort with ambiguity: leans on strong judgment and high IQ/EQ to provide well-informed solutions
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.