HR Partner, Engineering
Cary, NC United States of America
23 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
HR/Recruiting at Epic
What we do
Our Recruiting & HR teams help grow and develop our talented organization. We find, hire, and support the passionate people who will shape our company. We believe people do their best work when they’re happy and challenged, so we work to make Epic a place where we continually strive to do right by our community and customers.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is searching for an HR Business Partner who will create amazing, fun experiences for talented people who use our technology and make our games. We are looking for a people loving, motivated and customer service oriented HR person who is comfortable living in the grey. This exciting new role partners with employees of all levels to ensure Epic is an amazing place to work with opportunities for growth!
In this role, you will
- Understanding of global company growth and the impacts this has on the teams
- Working with team or department leads to develop onboarding framework for new hires
- Partnering with employees on compensation questions
- Assisting with general benefits questions and escalating to Benefits Manager as needed
- Attending business team status meetings as needed to understand the business, the people and staying abreast of changes on the projects, teams, and its effect on the business and our people
- Supporting career development initiatives specific to assigned Teams
- Managing all performance related discussions and plans with assigned Teams
- Managing the departure process within their business team
- Providing pragmatic coaching to business units in the areas of talent development, organizational design, performance management, succession planning, and manager coaching
- Partnering with team leads to build plans, projects, training, etc., as needed to support those development opportunities
- Managing all employee relations discussions and challenges with assigned Teams
- Responding to inquiries from employees regarding policies, procedures, and programs
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of HR Generalist and HRBP experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Extremely organized
- PHR preferred (not required)
- Previous experience in human resources, professional development, and training, or employee relations a plus
- Current, in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to human resources and employee management, including workers’ compensation, and federal and state employment laws
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.