This job might no longer be available.
HR Operations Project Specialist (Temp)
Santa Monica California 90405 United States of America
7 days ago
Job Title:HR Operations Project Specialist (Temp)
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. As part of Blizzard operations, human resources (HR) supports our employees and business units on a global scale. Our culture embraces creativity, rewards excellence, and encourages expression because every voice matters.
The HR Operations Project Specialist is responsible for focusing on specific human resource projects. Our goal is to ensure timely completion of compliance, regulatory, HRIS system, and recordkeeping maintenance to support the employee life cycle HR system data transactions including but not limited to new hires, employee changes, payroll, terminations, etc.
Please note, this a 3-month, temporary role.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of HR programs, plans, policies, and processes, payroll, and HR systems
- Maintain HR Records to include personnel files and other employee documents, this includes reviewing all file repositories (Workday, Iron Mountain, Share Drives) and auditing for compliance and completion, reporting on gaps and proposing solutions, testing file uploads in production ensuring appropriate securities are in place for visibility of each file
- Support time and attendance company-wide system updates; this may include some client-service related duties
- Support various processes such as I-9, AAP, Employment verifications and Unemployment claim inquiries
- Follow Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) and process workflows. Participate and contribute to the pro-active review and implementation of process improvements
- Complete additional ad-hoc special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in HR / Business or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3+ years at the HR Specialist level, within an HR Operations and/or Shared Services environment – project management and audit experience a plus
- Workday experience preferred
- Kronos experience preferred
- Advanced Word and Excel software skills
- Exceptional detail orientation and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage project tasks from start to finish with minimal assistance and supervision
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Team Name:Human Resources