This job might no longer be available.
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
In this role you will be supporting our Nixxes colleagues to achieve its objectives by guiding & steering on HRBP topics such as change, talent management and performance management. Nixxes is a first party game development studio within PlayStation Studios, part Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), since July 2021.
As an HRBP at Nixxes, you will have an independent, solo position. The total Nixxes team now consists of about 60 colleagues and will continue to grow in the coming years. Several professionalization steps have been taken within HR, but there are still some great projects for our new HRBP.
In this challenging position you will work together with your HR support, our Office Manager. You will also work closely with international HR BPs and local sparring partners at the other game studios. You will report directly to the Studio Director.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Be the trusted advisor for your stakeholders, providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to both staff and managers in all aspects of HR;
- Providing coaching, support and mentorship to our managers, helping them “level up”
- Handle complex employee relations processes and cases including absence, performance management, disciplinary procedures and outcomes;
- Be proactive in identifying people issues and trends within the business and work together with your key stakeholders in order to formulate and implement pragmatic and business orientated solutions;
- Work with, partner and guide the HR Generalist / Office Manager to make sure that our core HR processes are followed and handled correctly. Also work together with our Payroll Partner.
- Attracting and hiring the right talent for Nixxes, with support of our Office Manager and in close relation with the business;
- Keep up to date with legal requirements, providing suggestions for changes.
- Where necessary, align Nixxes HR practices with those of the parent company Sony by liaising with Central HR and the rest of the PlayStation Studios.
WHO YOU ARE
You have 5 years of relevant HR Business Partner experience with an international Technology / Software company preferable in an independent, solo HR role.
- You have strong coaching and mentoring skills
- You are a problem solver, comfortable in partnering with leaders at all levels to drive strategy and own issues relating to people, using a pragmatic approach;
- You do not shy away from operational content in your role;
- You are a networker and able to develop strong relationships;
- You have a healthy curiosity and the desire to learn all aspects of the studio and help attaining their goals;
- You areassertive and able to push back and stand your ground for the good of the employees and the company with a no nonsense personality;
- You have an excellent understanding of Dutch Labor Law;
- You are Fluent in English and Dutch communication, both written as well as verbal;
- You have an interest in the gaming industry.
In addition to a competitive salary package with the necessary extra benefits like e.g., a flexible and hybrid working arrangements, you’ll have a job full of variation and independency in a dynamic game development studio.
- You will be part of a great team and Sony PlayStation family;
- A contract for 32-40 hours a week
- Performance based bonus program
- 23 days off and this increases based on your years of service
- 8% Holiday allowance and good pension plan
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.