This job might no longer be available.
Horsham, United Kingdom
8 months ago
ApplyThis is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic HR team supporting our Total War development team contributing to the delivery of world-class video games within our award-winning studio. Total War is a long-standing game development team of approximately 330 developers, with multiple titles in production at any one time.
This role presents an amazing opportunity to be the HR Manager for the Total War team, within a fast paced, creative environment with some of the very best in UK Games Development. Not only will you be able to work closely with the game developers, you will also work with the Senior Management team on your project, along with the wider HR team.
You will manage an HR Advisor and work closely with the Head of HR to ensure alignment with the overall HR objectives.
You will be the key HR contact for the Total War team. As a result, you will be required to build trust and confidences across the team and provide a comprehensive HR Service, which ensures managers and employees are equipped with best practice to foster a high-performance culture. As part of a small but experienced HR team, you will effectively and confidentially deal with people management and give guidance on studio and wider policies.
Part of your role will be supporting employee engagement, talent development, change management, onboarding for new recruits and diversity & inclusion at all levels across the project. You will work closely with both the Learning and Development Partner to ensure L&D initiatives are delivered, and the Recruitment team to support recruitment within the Total War Team.
Excellent communication skills are vital in this position as you will be responsible for reporting on general wellbeing across the Total War team as well performance related issues to key members of the leadership team. To support this, a part of the remit of the HR Manager will be required to provide routine and ad hoc HR reports, analyse the data and make relevant recommendations.
You will need to be familiar with current employment law and apply company HR policies and procedures where relevant, providing accurate advice and offer suggestions for improvement. As an ever-evolving business, there will be opportunities for ad hoc HR project work. This is an excellent opportunity to practice HR in a creative and truly people focussed environment.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A flexible team player and self-starter who is well organised and detail orientated
- Proven HR generalist experience
- The ability to listen and influence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
- Management of complex employee relations casework
- Understanding and good application of current employment law
- Commitment to encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Proven experience of working in a busy HR department and driving performance in alignment with company and HR objectives
- Onboarding new recruits
- Support talent development
- Applying company values to people management processes
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change
- Ability to successfully problem solve and apply the right approach
- CIPD qualified
- Proficient in MS Office packages; specifically, in Excel, Outlook and Word
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist. We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Previous experience within a creative digital or technological environment
- Experience in managing others
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.