16 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
We’re looking for an experienced HR Manager to help us design and implement the right strategies and policies to ensure we have a happy team.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make sure everyone is happy and reaches their full potential, helping the company achieve all their goals!”
What you will really be doing
- Working closely with the Head of HR & Talent Acquisition to develop and implement high quality HR strategies to ensure an efficient team that is well treated, supported and motivated.
- Ensure an efficient performance management model that aligns with the needs of the company.
- Taking ownership of our learning and development platform and the employee relations.
- Developing a fair compensation and reward system in line with the individual and departmental performance on the main KPIs.
- Gathering constant feedback and data from our employees to determine which strategies are the most adequate for us.
- Creating metrics and analysis to showcase the main KPIs related to HR.
- Managing a team ensuring everyone is supported and have what they need to achieve their goals as well as organising and coordinating the different HR projects.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role, implementing successful HR strategies and policies.
- Confident, excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Organised and trustworthy.
- Ideally experience with international companies or environments
- Dynamic, able to multitask and work under pressure while managing a varied workload.
- Flexible attitude and outstanding attention to detail, a keen eye for consistency and accuracy.
- Creative mindset, ability to think outside the box.
- Strategy and KPI driven.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.