This job might no longer be available.
HR Manager (Maternity Cover)
15 days ago
Established in 1998 and working in over 30 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast-growing PLC. listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. Keywords is an international service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, London, Brighton, Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing, Montreal, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Milan, Rio de Janeiro, New Delhi, Los Angeles, Seattle. etc. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, quality control and customer support services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
People that work at Keywords are passionate, talented, committed and resourceful. Human talent is our most valuable resource and as a business, we thrive on diversity, celebrate uniqueness and work as teams whether we are physically together in one of our 60 studios around the world or working together virtually. We provide a competitive compensation package, good benefits, casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
UK HR Manager plays a paramount important role in the HR function of KWS PLC. Working in collaboration with the Regional HR Director and leading a small team of HR professionals the UK HR Manager encompasses but not limited to overseeing all matters relating to HR, developing and establishing robust processes, policies, team structures, recruitment, retention, talent management, ER, Comp & Bens, L&D and robust performance management, set up and deliver a comprehensive HR service, provide strategic advice and guidance relating to HR issues to senior management and supporting the payroll service and ensure a first class HR services are provided to all employees.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Responsible for HR management in Keywords Studios UK (i.e. 15 legal entities).
- Act as advisor and partner when acquisitions and merges the region, supporting senior Management in HR matters before, during and after the acquisition (e.g. due diligence, on boarding, integration, and retention).
- Mentor, train and coach team members according to Keywords operating principles, standards and procedures.
- Partner with senior management to provide up-to-date HR advice, guidance, coaching and direction on all matters of people management including employment law, Group policies, and HR processes.
- Work with other members of the HR team to embed strategies to support business success in areas of promoting company Culture, Performance Management, Talent Development, Employee Retention, Succession Planning, Orientation, and other people initiatives.
- Guide senior managers on the development of performance goals, metrics, and targets that support company goals.
- Develop and report on strategic performance metrics and targets that are consistent with company goals.
- Contribute to compensation/remuneration and benefit policy development.
- Develop and lead a People Strategy that supports strategic and operational plans.
- Employee handbooks in different locations are kept up-to-date and relevant and HR policies and practices are legally compliant.
- Introduce appropriate systems in place to enable business growth, effective performance and the organisation of talent, amongst other key initiatives.
- Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required and requested by senior management from time to time.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment and health and safety.
- Ensure HR functions adapts to changing business needs.
- Build and maintain constructive stakeholder relationships and help drive the development of great people leaders across the business.
- Implement employee engagement initiatives to help KWS continue to be a great place to work.
- Drive a continuous service and process improvement culture.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws, bringing best practice into the organisation and share knowledge with senior managers.
- Flexible, hands-on approach, someone who is able to roll up their sleeves and deal with operational issues as and when needed in a fast-evolving environment.
- Demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment and motivation.
- A strong communicator who has the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders effectively.
- Strong analytical skills, project management and Excellent attention to detail.
- A proactive and commercially-minded HR professional with exceptional, presentation and reporting writing skills.
- Have working knowledge of HR best practice and high regard for confidentiality.
- Ability to lead and develop HR strategy and operations.
- Good team player, multi-tasking and prioritising skills.
- Advanced knowledge of HR Information Systems.
- Able to build relationships quickly and credibly - high level interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative and able to impart knowledge to other team members.
- Up to date knowledge of theory and best practice in HR; and a strong working knowledge of employment law, with a pragmatic and common sense approach.
- A high calibre HR professional with degree in a related discipline and/or Charted MCIPD.
- Post graduate qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.