10 days ago
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product (Aim Lab) is a personalized, AI-powered analytics and training platform for competitive gamers and Esports athletes. Aim Lab has well over a million users and the best user community in the whole wide world (we may be biased).
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you...welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team.
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule.
However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
The HR Generalist Role
If you are an HR Generalist looking to thrive in a startup environment, we could be your next home! We are looking for an experienced and qualified HR Generalist to ensure effective and efficient human resource operations. You will have both strategic and administrative responsibilities. Our HR Generalist will be an advocate and resource for our employees.
- Implement human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health, and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions
- Employee onboarding and off boarding
- Policy development and documentation
- Track all mandatory and non-mandatory training
- Employee New Hire Orientation
- Launch quarterly performance reviews
- Be the primary backup for payroll processing
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Resolve issues promptly and efficiently
- Work closely with Visa needs
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- 2+ years proven work experience as an HR Generalist
- Startup experience a plus but not required
- Excellent knowledge of employment/labor laws
- HR certifications/trainings
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks as necessary
- Solid understanding of state registration and compliance for payroll taxes
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to act with professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality
- Comfortable working with internal and/or external legal teams
- Superior knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, ATS systems, and comfortable learning new technology systems as needed
- Action oriented, organized, problem solver and results driven
The location of this role is US-Remote