9 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA (hybrid)
We are looking for an HR Generalist to provide day-to-day support to our HR Business Partner (HRBP) team aligned to Corporate Functions, including Global Sales & Operations, Marketing and Global Partner Development Relations.. The right candidate will have deep HR generalist experience and partner with HRBP’s to understand overall goals, requirements, culture, and challenges while collaborating with all HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to deliver valuable service. The ideal candidate will be passionate about HR, have a sense of urgency for execution as well as natural curiosity, have experience working in a dynamic HR team and ability to deliver a positive customer service experience.
- Promote positive employee relationships through communication and interpretation of HR policies
- Partner with HRBPs and COEs to support business needs in areas such as learning and development, recruiting, onboarding, performance management and total rewards.
- Ability to deliver HR service as an extension of the HRBP team and as part of a core HR service team.
- Conduct exit interviews and deliver findings to the HRBPs to continuously improve the employee experience
- Assist Employee Relations with various projects including but not limited to performance issues, conflict resolution, involuntary terminations, and mutual separations, etc.
- Assist with communicating to employees during an emergency such as a Wildfire, Earthquake, etc.
- Assist central HR teams with various projects such as digital document management, and employee questions on all HR topics
- Analyze and make recommendations on existing HR policies, practices and programs and work with HRBPs to implement improvements
- Maintain and oversee all employee data in Workday, HR administrative procedures, and documentation process
- Run and maintain a variety of reports for the HRBPs to deliver to the business on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis
- Assist HR Business Partners in a variety of projects on an ad hoc basis, including assisting on executing department-specific programs, year-end performance review process and comp planning process, and other tasks as assigned
- Learn and understand the SIE HR processes as well as how business units operate to help streamline HR operational processes
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven experience of successfully partnering with senior HR and employee leaders
- 8+ years previous experience in HR in a fast paced, high tech or creative environment
- Working knowledge of HR laws and federal and state regulations
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive information is a must
- Excellent communication skills and experience collaborating with people at all levels of the organization, with experience presenting information and data to all levels.
- Demonstrates versatility of experience and the ability to prioritize work from diverse sources
- Highly data literate
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$124,300 — $186,500 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.