PopReach is a free-to-play game publisher acquiring and optimizing proven, profitable games and game franchises. With over 140 smart and creative professionals at studios in Vancouver, Toronto, London, and Bangalore, we are 100% focused on making great games available for download on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
Founded in 2015 by some of the most successful individuals in the mobile games business, PopReach is looking for people who know what it takes to excel in that environment: determination, self-directedness, creative problem solving, and an A+ team player . If you want to make great games with great people, we may just have a position on our team for you.
PopReach is searching for an enthusiastic, talented HR Generalist to join our growing Vancouver studio. You will report to our Director of HR and will be responsible for developing and implementing HR & Recruitment strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business objectives. We are seeking a people and culture evangelist who is passionate about making strong connections with both employees and candidates. Join our team and help make PopReach become an award-winning workplace!
What You'll Do:
- Own full cycle recruitment process, actively search for passive candidates, and create an outstanding candidate experience
- Conduct regular 1-1 and check-in's with employees and managers
- Plan and host events and celebrations (both in-person and virtual)
- Prepare employees for an amazing onboarding experience
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees.
- Supporting adoption and use of performance management tools and processes.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and provincial requirements.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Contributes to Vancouver studio by assisting with administrative tasks as needed from time to time.
- Perform other related duties as required
What You Bring:
- Proven working experience as HR Generalist or other HR role with a minimum of one year relevant HR experience in a high technology, employee focused company.
- High EQ with strong written, oral, and presentation skills, confident negotiator
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, preferably Bamboo HR and other databases and demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics as extracted from those systems
- In-depth knowledge HR best practices
- A graduate of an accredited university/college with a bachelor degree or diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Completion of CHRP or CHRP in progress preferred.
- Experience working with payroll and knowledge of Employment Standards.
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure juggling several projects
- Proficient in MS Office especially in Excel, Word, and Google office suite
Job Type: Permanent, Full time.
COVID-19 considerations: At this time, we are working from home with the option of working together socially distanced in the office a few days a week.
At PopReach, we embrace and value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strive to grow and foster an amazing team that appreciates a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We truly thank you for your interest, we'd love to hear from you!