1 month ago
Job Title:HR Generalist
Job Title: HR Generalist
Department: AB IT/Security team
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a HR Generalist you’re a phenomenal human resources professional. Your skillset, curiosity, and motivation are a perfect fit for any HR department in nearly every industry. Every company has employee relations issues, benefits, and the usual slew of HR functions, so why come to Activision Blizzard? We offer one of the most fast-paced, dynamic, and visionary environments for HR professionals to ply their craft. Our HR staff ranks among the most talented and professional in any industry, but they also place a high value on creative thinking and unique approaches. For those of you with an adventurous spirit and a desire for knowledge-sharing and growing, we want to add you to our team! You’ll be participating in and helping shape and improve the day-to-day operations of HR functions.
The ideal candidate is highly responsible, organized, flexible and has the ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality. You have a demonstrated aptitude for working well with people, and the desire to jump in and contribute to an agile, fun, and fast-paced environment. Activision Blizzard has an immediate opening for a resources generalist. They will be responsible for assisting in all functional areas of human resources.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Answer day-to-day queries from employees and managers regarding benefits, payroll, policies, and procedures, and leave of absence.
- Respond and facilitate employee relations issues as they arise.
- Provide coaching to employees, supervisors, and managers to resolve conflicts, enhance team effectiveness, and ensure support of organization changes and business plans.
- Partner with employees and management to interpret and administer various human resources policies, procedures, laws, and state and federal legislation.
- Coordinate performance reviews, merit increases, performance / potential matrices, and succession planning.
- Take ownership of onboarding for technology organization new hires and offboarding for departing employees.
- Provide HR Partners and respective client groups with reporting and special projects as required.
- Support the Tech Org HR team with administrative tasks including creating team meeting agendas, planning team events, filing, and other clerical tasks as they arise.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a human resources role or related role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Self-motivation; can work independently with an understanding of when to call out issues
- Takes initiative, does not wait for problems to solve themselves
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Be professional and maintain utmost confidentiality
- Strong self / time management skills
- Working knowledge of employee attraction, engagement, and retention strategies
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able and willing to learn and share information
- Able to work well in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, production or technology company
- Proven competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of California employment law
- PHR / SPHR certification
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.