This job might no longer be available.
Burnaby, British Columbia
4 months ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , or unleash your creativity on original IP. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. We are a co-developer on Halo Infinite , work on projects in the Minecraft universe, and also make original cinematic platformer, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 140 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are looking for a Human Resources (HR) Coordinator with outstanding organizational and communication skills to join our growing studio. The successful candidate has superb attention to detail and enjoys creating systems and processes to maximize efficiency.
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests
- Maintain a high degree of data integrity when acting as the main resource for our HRIS (Bamboo HR) for employee file preparation, changes, reporting and maintenance
- Support recruitment team through related tasks such as: scheduling interviews; driving background and reference checks; acting as a primary greeter to candidates while onsite to ensure an amazing candidate experience
- Coordinate HR training sessions and seminars
- Conduct regular new hire orientations
- Create and coordinate internal and external communications to support HR initiatives
- Assist with reports and statistical information, as well as other projects as requested
- Support and own HR related projects
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices
- 2 years of professional experience in an HR related role
- Must have strong attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a demanding, fast-paced studio environment
- People-focused outlook and strong problem solver
- Analytical mindset with ability to effectively analyze numerical data, drawing logical inferences and providing reasonable recommendations
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- High level proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Degree, Diploma or Certification in Human Resources Management or related program
- Previous experience with HRIS/HR Systems is a strong asset
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.