1 month ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
Skillz is hiring for an HR Coordinator to join our growing People team! Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact at a high-growth company? Are you inspired to help make your workplace one of the best out there? Do you love interacting with people and thinking outside the box? If so, you may be the person we’re looking for to take our People team to the next level!
What You Will Do:
- Support Skillz employees and their growth as an ambassador of Skillz culture:
- Research and support implementation of company policies, perks and benefit offerings to help Skillz stay ahead of the curve.
- Coordinate rewards and recognition for employees throughout their Skillz journey.
- Represent Skillz’s HR team as a main respondent to inbound HR-related inquiries.
- Project manage critical HR processes, such as promotions, compensation changes, performance reviews and benefits changes.
- Compose employee letters and legal documents to support growth at Skillz.
- Provide support on employee relations issue responses, as needed.
- Build and maintain a solid foundation for Skillz and its employees as a partner to our team and business:
- Proactively keep the pulse on HR compliance requirements and administer necessary updates.
- Generate reports that support the bigger People picture for department planning, company insights and executive insights.
- Provide backup for on-boarding and off-boarding logistics.
- Partner with Payroll and Legal teams on cross-departmental projects.
- Support HR team with special ad-hoc projects.
- Help manage HRIS systems to maintain accurate, compliant employee records.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an HR Coordinator in a high-growth/fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude with a high level of professionalism and discretion
- Tech savvy; ability to adapt to new systems quickly
- Excellent communication skills
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.