HR Business Partner
15 days ago
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 4.4 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 300 employees around the world, we are hereby inviting you to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
As an HRBP, your role is to drive all aspects of global HR Operations in alignment with local GMs and under the leadership of our Head of Employee Relations. You will be key to help Voodoo handle HR and immigration challenges faced globally, coordinate payroll with our external providers and support our People across the globe. You work in a structured way, are not afraid to do it in a fast changing environment, and you trust that having fun at work is the best way to be efficient. You think big, take ownership of your actions and always look for new ways to reinvent HR.
- Handle HR Operations in sync with local partners to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Manage relationships with People, local managers and, as the case may be, employee representatives to ensure smooth, efficient and friendly dialogue at all levels within the organization.
- Participate in the strengthening of our HR Operations, understanding what matters to our People and ensure our function is high-performing.
- Own the excellent delivery of operational HR lifecycle in all countries where Voodoo is present from onboarding to offboarding, including preparation of appropriate paperwork or implementation of processes.
- Coordinate payroll for offices in your region closely with local payroll providers.
What is your team about?
Voodoo’s People Department is composed of three teams: Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding, Employees Relations and People development, Culture & Events. Our mission is to drive company performance and maintain sustainable company growth, whilst putting people at the core of everything they do. Human capital is a major contributor to overall business performance and the creation of company values. Our People team provides a long-term vision of the directions and actions to be adopted by the company by associating HR issues with overall performance. Our mission is to promote the evolution and empowerment of all employees in order to increase the overall competitiveness of the company structure.
What do we expect?
- 3-4+ years progressive experience in an HR Business Partner role.
- Full proficiency in French and English.
- Experience handling compulsory legal HR documentation in France and abroad.
- Experience handling payrolls in France and abroad.
- Team player with passion for People and love to see them thrive in the workplace.
- Have the ambition to improve employee experience.
- Problem-solving enthusiasm: you go beyond identifying issues or challenges and focus on how to address them.
- Great communication skills across languages and cultures with an ability to build trust-based relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Some legal background and a good sense of humor are definitely a plus.
What do we offer for this role?
Competitive salary (of course) ⧫ Bonus ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Remote days⧫ Lunch card ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathon ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Global Summit
The salary will depend on the experience and skills a candidate brings to the position. The Voodoo Career Path is available for all employees, with management and expert tracks outlining the transparent salary ranges available to all our employees.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interview that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Our CEO is very much involved in the recruitment process, that is why on occasion he will also meet candidates as a last step. Lastly, our test and case studies culture is an integral part of the recruitment process and will feature at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!