This job might no longer be available.
HR Business Partner
27 days ago
The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go-to” provider of technical services. By working as their external development partner, we enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In doing so, we enable our clients who are operating in complex and fast moving environments to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating and monetizing the most engaging experiences. We are trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for driving business strategies, shaping the employee experience, and fostering leadership success. The HR Business Partner will achieve this by supporting employees in a wide variety of HR activities, including compensation and benefits, employee relations, employee engagement, training and development, health and safety administration (OSHA and Workers’ Comp) policy interpretation and application, compliance of labor laws/regulatory requirements and HR/Payroll System transactions. They will also partner with key studio leaders on a variety of management functions. Interface with Global HR staff on HR projects, design and implements new or revised policies, processes, programs and HR operations on day to day HR activities.
This role will be a Work from Home position, but it will be rotating visits to the studios as needed.
This is not an exhaustive list of functions, responsibilities may vary dependent on the need of the role and changing business environment.
- Serve as an advisor and confidante to business leaders, helping them navigate the complexity of building, retaining and growing their teams
- Partner with leaders to align HR deliverables with business strategy, which includes bringing best practice and external perspectives to strategic and operational business discussions and people management decision-making
- Identify and aggregate training needs within the business, region, or geography supported; you develop implementation plans to address the training needs identified, and partner with peer HR disciplines in developing and coordinating respective trainings as needed.
- Compliance - As part of the Keywords US HR team, assists with the development of policies, practices and procedures as it relates to Human Resources. Communicates and ensures compliance with established policies and procedures. Oversees all areas of Human Resources responsibilities to assure that all federal, state, and local regulations are complied with.
- Performance Management - Manages the performance review process for the assigned location(s) Monitors review activity to ensure that each step in the annual performance cycle is being completed on a timely basis. Coaches managers and supervisors on conducting meaningful goal setting, development and performance feedback discussions, assists with crafting a clear and defensible message to employees with performance related issues.
- Employee Relations - Maintains positive employee relations with the workforce; counsels, mentors, and problem solves with supervisors and associates on matters of discipline, motivation, compensation, development, or other factors affecting success on the job; responds to employee requests for information on benefits, policies, or employment matters. Keeps HR and entity leadership informed of situations that arise.
- HRIS Support - Supports HRIS system administration. Handles generation and processing of job and personal changes. Creates queries and ad hoc reports to provide data for a variety of audits, compensation planning, benefits billing, health and safety programs and related HR projects and activities. Support payroll department with requests and attendance submissions.
- Compensation & Benefits - Provides support to both employees and managers in compensation and benefits administration. Assists employees with benefits issues, mid-year changes, new employee benefits and related. Works closely with benefits manager to prepare for open enrollment, coordinating open enrollment materials, employee communications, updating the system and resolving any issues that might arise. Manages leave of absence, disability and FMLA administration.
- Employee Onboarding – Some assistance with the orientation of new and reassigned employees, including review of employee handbook/policies, overview of processes and procedures, introduction to physical location/layout, health and safety and related. Ensures the documentation and maintenance of all employee personnel records.
- Health & Safety - Assists with ensuring mandated safety programs, EEO/AAP and related are in compliance with regulations and guidelines. Supports OSHA safety compliance, including setting up mandatory training, upkeep of safety records and annual reporting. Ensures that entity is meeting requirements on posted information and materials, acquiring updates as needed.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- Merger & Acquisition HR Integration experience a plus
- Must have experience in policy development and maintenance communication rollout
- Proven track record of positively influencing teams and their leaders.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, and constantly changing environment.
- Must have exceptional people skills and be able to interact with employees at all levels, as well as vendors and suppliers, in a professional and straightforward manner
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment.
- Expert Excel, PowerPoint, and HRIS system skills
- Expert knowledge of employment law and HR best practices.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Able to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently. Must possess a thorough knowledge of administrative and office procedures.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
- Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business. Must be able to balance needs of people within the framework of business needs of company.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related
- 5+ years of HR Generalist/or HRBP experience, preferably from a multi-state environment
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities