HR Business Partner Leader
Hong Kong, China
7 days ago
Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends , and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our ambitions to build out a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running. The Hong Kong Studio is searching the planet for talented, passionate people, across all aspects of game development, to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps reinforce our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can thrive while we relentlessly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As leader of the HR and Talent Acquisition teams, you’ll partner up with the Head of Studio and Senior Leadership to drive and influence better business and people related decisions, including employment decisions, talent assessment, workforce planning, compensation, organizational design, succession planning, change management, and diversity & inclusion.
- Implement corporate policy at the studio level and adapt as necessary for studio needs.
- Facilitates organization and leadership development efforts, working with Rioters and managers to address root causes of people issues.
- Assists senior management in the development of solutions through cultural and process perspective organizational development.
- Serve as a strategic business partner, change agent, and member of the line management staff.
- Consult with leadership on org design, alignment, and change management; develop and identify high-potential Rioters through People management practices/tools (including: performance evaluation, succession planning, high potential programs, mobility, etc.) and ensure the seamless on-boarding of new Rioters
- Deploy company surveys and tools, utilizing data to analyze trends and make informed recommendations for organizational improvement (turnover, promotions, transfers, engagement, performance)
- Champion diversity & inclusion throughout all studio and production initiatives. Leverage both objective measurement and subjective assessment to ensure the teams foster an environment where all Rioters feel they belong, have a voice, and thrive together.
- Drive manager development and effectiveness (training, coaching, feedback, accountability)
- Align on the screening/interview process and questions. Train on interview skills and best practices.
- Support and develop internal mobility (transfers, international moves)
- Drive Rioter engagement and retention, identifying and resolving issues impacting engagement, helping to facilitate appropriate coaching opportunities.
- Empathetic: you're comfortable co-mingling with people from all cultures and backgrounds, and you care for the folks around you; when someone needs personal or professional advice, you're there to offer guidance
- Organized: you keep impeccable records and understand the rationale behind policies, practices, and procedures; this understanding of the way a company works helps you get the job done, whether through formal channels or by busting barriers
- Trustworthy: you're a human vault, locking confidential conversations away behind impenetrable steel; whether candidly advising a teammate or copping to your own mistakes, you don't fear the truth, always delivering and receiving it constructively and with maximum tact
- Coolheaded: you thrive in high-stress situations by embracing the unexpected, staying calm under pressure, and thinking clearly when details are hazy; you maintain stability in crisis-mode, keeping everyone positive when others might become defensive or frustrated
- Comfortable with ambiguity: you're comfortable moving between projects, dealing with changing priorities and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate
- Armed with insight: you understand the tools, trends, and best practices currently affecting today's talent landscape; you continually strive to improve your skills while staying in the know in the esports industry
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.