HR Business Lead
16 days ago
Job Title:HR Business Lead
Job Title: HR Business Lead - Blizzard
Reporting To: Senior People Officer - Blizzard
Department: Human Resources
Location: Irvine, California
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and difficulty to improve the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a HR Business Lead you will report directly to the Senior People Officer (SPO) accountable for HR partnership at Blizzard. You will work closely with the HR Business Partner team and HR Centres of Excellence (COEs) globally. The Business Lead’s role is to support the SPO with operational and strategic planning and execution against the delivery of the People Plans and company objectives. The HR Business Lead will enable the HR team to be more effective and successful by leading the rhythm of the business, driving pivotal initiatives, and reporting and assessing HR metrics and key performance indicators.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following accountabilities:
- Partner with the HR Strategy team, HR Centres of Excellence, and regional HR Business Partners to ensuring progress and accountability in delivering the People Plans and COE initiatives in the regions
- Partner with COEs to create and maintain custom HR metrics dashboards and KPI reporting to drive accountability and ensure proactive management of risk and opportunities; work with partners to implement solutions as appropriate
- Support the articulation and progress of functional goals
- Build executive-level presentation materials to tell compelling narratives through data, drive informed decision-making, and inspire action
- Design and lead the governance of Blizzard HR leadership team, develop, and maintain agendas and meeting materials, facilitate discussions, record minutes, and track next steps to completion
- Support org design and operating model analysis for the HR team
- Maintain annual operating plan financials and headcount tracking
- Deliver priority ad-hoc projects that arise in a fast paced, ever-changing industry
- Support creation and implementation of change management plans
- Design and deliver quarterly HR All Hands meetings and team offsite
- Champion HR team and cross-functional collaboration and lead regional team engagement initiatives where appropriate
- Solid understanding of the key domains in HR and how they fit together (Recruitment, Talent, Business Partnering, Operations, Reward, People Analytics, etc.)
- Sophisticated critical thinking, diagnostic, advising, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent eye for business, and a track record of success in partnering with business leaders
- Expert ability to facilitate discussion at all levels of the organisation and orchestrate work across groups to drive informed decision-making and action
- Experience optimally leading large-scale projects from inception through to completion
- Ability to build and maintain performance indicator dashboards and data analysis including ongoing tracking, reporting, and communicating of insights to partners and executives
- High level of integrity and dependability with a sound sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Ability to work in and lead ambiguity – dealing with issues/areas that do not always have a process or a system in place
- Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to contending priorities
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Expert user of Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; must be excellent at communicating information to varied audiences; able to present sophisticated issues in clear, simple language
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
What year 1 Success Looks Like
- The Blizzard HR team are well advised of the business and HR priorities throughout the year and understand how they need to work together to deliver the People Plans leading to improved scores on engagement surveys and higher retention.
- The HR leadership team communicate and collaborate optimally, are in-sync with the rhythm of the business, and function as impactful teams – adapting as needed to focus on the most important things improving delivery on our KPI’s.
- Clear HR metrics dashboards and tracking of key performance indicators are in place and insights are consistently used to advise decision-making and drive action-taking. Those actions delivered clear improvements in our KPI’s
- HR delivers its obligations to company annual operating plan targets resulting in AOP being within 5% of forecast
- Critical projects are delivered on time, within budget, and through best-in-class organizational change and stakeholder engagement
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.