Customer Service Representative (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Mission Valley, CA
4 months ago
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
We are a team of successful startup veterans with deep experience in VR, gaming, technology and hospitality. We're funded by leading global tech investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Alibaba.
Since we launched in 2017, we’re now live in 8 locations and 6 countries around the world (4.5 stars on Yelp, and the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
Delivering an exceptional experience to all our guests is the most important thing we can do at Sandbox VR, whether it’s their first time trying VR or an avid fan. In this Full-Time or Part-Time position reporting to the Store Manager at our San Diego location in Mission Valley, you and your teammates will work together to walk guests through what to expect, support them in traveling from one reality into virtual reality, and ensure that they have safe and impossible-to-forget experiences. If you enjoy collaborative, technology-driven, and hospitality-focused environments, you'll enjoy working at Sandbox VR. And because Sandbox VR is growing fast, there will opportunities for growth.
Here’s how you’ll make a huge impact:
- Provide an incredible guest experience: You'll welcome and guide our guests through the experience, helping them with VR gear suiting-up and suiting-down, ensuring a safe and fun experience, and making sure guests leave with personalized videos, photos, and a story that they can share with friends.
- Technical support and troubleshooting: We have the most advanced VR experience in the world, and that means we have some amazing technology. You'll learn how to monitor and troubleshoot technical issues that arise and communicate with a support team over Slack to fix those issues.
- Maintain the environment: You'll initiate and perform daily tasks and projects to maintain the aesthetic appeal of our stores and prepare the experience rooms and equipment for the next group of guests.
- Help Sandbox VR's grow: We’re a collaborative team and a startup, and we want you to contribute your ideas and actions to make this even better for both our guests and your teammates.
But enough about us! Let’s talk about you:
- You are authentic and easily create personal connections with a diverse range of personalities. You show empathy to the needs of our guests and our staff alike.
- You come to work with a positive attitude and are eager for self and team improvement. You consider yourself a life-long learner and are curious about how things work.
- You sweat the details, understanding that little things can matter when bringing something new to the world. You notice when something isn't right and you collaborate with your team to fix it.
- You have basic IT and technical skills, or a desire to learn them, to troubleshoot technical support issues during operations. You are eager to master our platform (technically and operationally) and you have close distance hand-eye coordination and dexterity to handle technical support tasks.
- You're excited to work on a bold mission, like building the future of entertainment.
- You're a customer service professional, having spent 1+ years in a customer facing role.
WE ARE SANDBOX VR, AND WE INVITE YOU TO COME PLAY IN OUR SANDBOX (AND THINK OUTSIDE IT).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.