Growth Scout - Korea
3 months ago
Join us in crafting real world social experiences to inspire outdoor adventure! As the Country Specialist for South Korea, you will help build and drive product marketing strategies for Niantic’s real world Augmented Reality mobile games. Part creative, part analytical, this role will require your strategic and tactical skills to help launch and run campaigns, acquire players, increase retention, and improve player satisfaction in our quest to get the world exploring more with our games.
Niantic’s games are unlike typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll work closely together with a team of hardworking and passionate marketers to conceptualize and execute impactful campaigns, as well as lead the South Korea marketing strategy for global franchises. You will also be leading the management of critical relationships with key business partners. And, most important of all, you’ll have tons of fun.
This position is responsible for planning and executing marketing activities to grow the player-base of all Niantic games, focusing primarily on Pokémon GO and for South Korea.
- Handle relationships with external partners / IP owners and drive global alignment on major marketing initiatives for KR
Events planning and execution
- Plan and work with Marketing, Events and Partnerships teams to identify and propose potential event opportunities and meet-ups.
- Identify event vendors and propose partnerships for events
- Coordinate the production of marketing assets for events
Local content and campaigns
- Write and advise on blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
- Collaborating with Niantic Communication and Social Media teams to provide content (social media posts, photo content)
- Content localization
- Work with cross-functional and agency partners to define goals, build strategies, and execute on paid acquisition channels including SEM, paid social, programmatic, online video, and affiliates.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years experience in marketing of IT industry, and/or partner development.
- Product positioning strategies that factor in-market and competitive landscape.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking and optimization.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to lead complex projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership, management, and social skills.
- Native in Korean, and business level communication in English.
- Able to travel, including domestically and internationally.
- Business level proficiency in Japanese.
- Social media marketing; familiarity with community management & engagement strategies.
- Avid fan of Niantic’s games and/or Pokémon GO.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.