Games Growth Director
15 days ago
Keywords Studios is the ultimate destination for talented individuals looking to make their mark in the world of AAA game development. With a global presence and an unrivalled reputation, we are trusted by 24 of the top 25 gaming companies worldwide, making us the go-to collaborator for the industry's biggest titles.
Joining our team means becoming part of a network of 70+ studios across 26 countries, where over 12,000 experts come together to deliver sector-leading 360° services. From ideation and technical co. development to art, QA/localization, marketing, and community engagement, we cover every stage of game development and beyond.
As an integral part of our tightly integrated yet truly global network, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside industry-leading professionals who bring best-in-class experience, expertise, and technology to each project. Our follow-the-sun workflows ensure we can deliver at the speed you need.
At Keywords Studios, we believe in the power of imagination, ambition, and the desire to succeed. Join our global team and unlock the full potential of your skills.
About Waste Creative:
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
About the role:
We are looking for a proactive Growth Director who will be responsible for agency growth from new business activities and new agency services.
The role will report to the Head Of Client Services, and it involves managing inbound opportunities, the new business outreach team, pitching & new client onboarding. Knowledge sharing with the Client Services Director will be key in joining up Business Development plans with New Business plans, to form Waste’s overall growth strategy.
A key aspect of this role will be to help solve complex client challenges (at a high level) and articulate the strategies and solutions clearly. As such, they will be working closely with our Head Of Strategy and Head of Client Services in unlocking opportunities and creating unique solutions.
And finally, this is a crucial role in driving the overall Waste vision of supporting clients early in the lifecycle of a game, in some cases in pre-production (working on brand strategy and comms planning), then seeing the brand through early-access/soft launch, into launch then post-launch. This is something we call root-to-branch and is central to the agency vision.
- Own and develop the new business strategy, including potential client identification and outreach plans, based on the company's broader strategy and roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Keywords Studios' business and sales team to spot the best opportunities.
- Lead initial meetings with potential clients and qualify opportunities with the Head of Client Services.
- Coordinate and plan all RFP responses and pitches.
- Work closely with multiple departments (Client Services, Strategy, Delivery, Operations, and Finance) to develop pricing strategies and new services.
- Prepare proposals for qualified opportunities, including process, scope, and pricing.
- Attend industry events and stay current with gaming industry trends to inform business strategy.
- Create marketing materials to represent the agency and generate leads.
- Collaborate on larger, multi-agency opportunities with wider Keywords Studios teams.
- Contribute to the overall growth strategy and smooth onboarding of new clients in collaboration with the Client Services leadership team.
- Participate in the Waste Council (senior management team).
- Proven client servicing skills, including building and managing senior relationships in the gaming industry or at a marketing agency.
- In-depth knowledge and passion for the gaming industry, including market trends and game marketing lifecycles.
- A track record of winning new gaming clients, preparing service/cost proposals, and presenting pitches.
- Ability to facilitate and organise pitch teams in a busy studio environment
- Experience in financial and scope negotiations, costing services, and client contracting, with support from project management and a legal team.
- Experience managing gaming clients and projects in a marketing context, understanding their typical challenges.
- Familiarity with the full game cycle from a marketing perspective.
- Ability to create thought leadership focused on gaming marketing and confidently discuss these topics at events and panels.
- Comfortable working and presenting to clients at a C-suite level.
- Proficiency in the use of Mac OS, Google Suite and MS software
You Should Be:
- An excellent decision-maker, able to priritise what's best for the agency.
- Proactive in identifying new business growth opportunities, as this is a semi-autonomous role.
- Positive with an can-do attitude not afraid to put your stamp on the role.
- Forward-thinking, anticipating future market challenges and risks.
- A clear communicator, adept at resolving difficult client or team issues.
- Willing to travel weekly to the London office and attend events in the UK and abroad.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Waste shuts during the Christmas period ranging between 1 and 2 weeks with that time not being taken out of your regular holiday entitlement
- Early-finish/late start Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Regular team outings and social events
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)