Group Technical Director, Studio Data & Insights
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
6 days ago
Group Technical Director – Studios Data & Insights
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The EA Data and Insights group (SDI) is responsible for bringing both quantitative and qualitative insights to the entire company via Studio Analytics, Data Engineering and Data Science. The Analytics Solutions team is the internal cross-functional team covering both Analytics & Studios, driving the most optimized and effective ways of delivering our integrated actionable insights. As we lead both strategic and tactical initiatives across the SDI Organization, we are accountable for ensuring the Analytics teams have the tech, tools and collaboration they need to improve our capabilities and effectiveness of delivery continually.
The Challenge Ahead:
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Studios Data & Insights department as a Group Technical Director, working with a team of highly skilled developers and leaders across the organization to drive complex initiatives across a variety of data products and technologies.
The Group Technical Director (GTD) to the Head of Technology for SDI and is accountable for all of the technology and the overall quality of the cloud infrastructure, services, and data solutions that Analytics Solutions supports. The GTD is expected to be a key influencer at Analytics Solutions, helping to achieve organization-wide development goals. The GTD is responsible for getting consent from the business for all data solution related initiatives, and they are counted on to drive best practices for requirements, design, and architecture.
To apply for this role, you must have proven experience in technical leadership roles and a track record in software development, cloud, and data engineering. You are a motivated individual who is experienced in taking responsibility and can independently drive innovation and results on both departmental and business projects.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Responsible for all technical decisions on infrastructure, cloud, and data solutions across the Analytics Solutions team
• Partner with the data solutions architect to understand requirements, develop roadmaps and ensure needs are addressed in a complex, dynamic multi-stakeholder environment
• Final reviewer for all technical design documents
• Assess and recommend available and emerging cloud-based data and analytics technologies
• Maintaining a stable code platform
• Multi-year technical planning across projects
• Risk analysis and mitigation
• Defining and adhering to key performance metrics
What a Group Technical Director at EA does:
• Innovate and pioneer design process, workflow, internal metrics, planning, and architecture
• Provide high-quality technical reviews and feedback to engineers
• Interact on technical issues with a wide range of partners (e.g., software vendors, cloud providers, universities)
• Examine technology developments in other industries to influence the direction
• Encourage creativity and the submission of ideas from the engineering team
Our next Group Technical Director at EA will have:
• 7+ Years of experience running a technically focused team.
• 5+ Years of experience managing highly technical resources and engineers.
• The GTD must be a great team leader and a great team player, with highly developed technical skills as well as unflagging energy and focus
• A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
• Expertise with cloud-based tech stacks
• Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
• Excellent personal organization, ability to prioritize, proactively drive projects to completion
• Expertise with container technologies and container orchestration frameworks, for example, Docker and Kubernetes, and their offerings on Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and Azure
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Working at EA is fun – what else would you expect from a company that exists to inspire the world to play? On top of getting free games, our employees have access to a dynamic work environment and lots of perks – like access to fitness benefits globally, onsite fitness centers at some of our most significant locations, ride-to-work schemes, discount programs, and more! Your health and wellbeing are a top priority at EA – that’s why EA provides access to excellent health care coverage and our very own “wellbEAing program.” With employees all over the world, we ensure these programs are reflective of the local market and can meet your needs wherever you are. And because we know that wellbeing involves financial security, we offer
programs that include – depending on your location – retirement plans, employee stock purchase plans, financial planning, life insurance and/or disability coverage.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver