Group Product Manager, Retention
1 month ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile eSports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual eSports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for the Skillz player experience. Skillz is a mobile social gaming platform where players compete for real prizes. We build a player experience that is visually rich with tournaments, chat, leaderboards, payments and customer support. In this role, you and the team will be designing the product roadmap and executing the creation/ideation of all major features in the player experience, impacting millions of players in the process.
The Retention teams will play a key role finding ways to engage players on the Skillz platform. You’ll work on delivering features that increase sessions, games per session, and average days played. These features might include our loyalty program, VIP retention, push notifications, and play communications. If you are a product leader, deep thinker, and love to solve complex problems in a fast growing company, you would love this opportunity.
As a product manager you bridge the gap between our internal and external customers, engineering, design, and business to drive the production process towards high quality and on time feature releases. You are able to combine data and customer insights to create a successful feature. You have a detailed vision of a solution for every problem, yet you’re open to and encourage a collaborative environment at all times. Product Managers manage and own key features on Skillz products.
What you'll do:
- Own features that increase retention
- Collaborate with revenue teams on marketing, live operations, and player comms
- Hire awesome PMs and analysts to grow your product team
- Collaborate with our business teams to help build features for our cross platform mobile SDK
- Perform analyses to optimize feature performance and propose product rollout plans to deliver improvements to our web products
- Plan, oversee, and execute the research, data gathering, and studies required to produce thoughtful product evolutions
- Work alongside teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
- 10+ years of proven Product Management experience in consumer mobile applications and experiences
- Skilled at guiding the product development process: ideation, wireframing, design, implementation, quality assurance, etc.
- Prior experience running UX testing cycles, capturing feedback, and translating into new product iterations
- You are able to approach complex problems and convert them into simple and elegant solutions
- Deep understanding of data analysis and using testing methods to inform decisions
- Strong communication skills and comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical partners
- Degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, economics or other quantitative field is preferred
- You have a vision for the future of digital entertainment, and can chart a course for the team to succeed
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.