Group Manager – Data & Machine Learning Engineering, EMEA M/F
Paris IDF fr
10 days ago
Ubisoft is natively data-driven: from the core of our games to our marketing actions, we’re leveraging data and algorithms.
To support the growth and maturity of our applied Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics projects, we’re growing a Data & Machine Learning Engineering team. Its role is to tandem with the Data Science teams, and build services, workflows, tools to lead projects from the early concepts to prototypes, and from prototypes to a scalable production-level implementation.
To create and lead this initiative to success, we’re looking for a Group Manager – Data & Machine Learning Engineering.
Your role will be to manage, hire, structure, a team composed of approx. 10 Data Engineers and Software Engineers. Its core missions will be:
· Design, implement and optimize pipelines (data ingestion, transfer or ML computation) into streamlined workflows that can run at scale.
· Optimize, refactor, or even rewrite all or part of the code made by Data Scientists into streamlined and optimized programs.
· Build data products (user facing applications or APIs).
· Implement the underlying infrastructure (in collaboration with IT teams) to allow for such performant applications and workflows.
· Always watch for emergent or successful tech stacks, libraries, frameworks, and test them in the spirit of continuous improvement.
We’re looking for an entrepreneur mindset ; a will to build things from the ground up in a collaborative and fast-paced environment ; on top of your management role, you will be asked to :
· Provide technical solutions based on business opportunities and explain them to non-technical audiences.
· Regularly engage and collaborate with other Ubisoft technical teams.
· Design global service oriented architectures for ML workflows and software.
· Deal with a very wide range of technologies. We don’t expect any candidate to master them all. Yet, we expect a strong appetite and will to work and grow with this variety.
The position requires mandatory and significant experience in a similar technical role, including shipping Cloud Native software, as a Team Lead, Manager, or equivalent.
o Languages : Python, Rust, Go, Java, C#, C++
o Data Engineering, Back End, Processing and CI/CD: Kafka, GraphQL, Airflow, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Octopus.
o Frameworks or libraries: Spark, ML (Tensorflow, Keras, etc), NLP (DialogFlow, Luis, etc),
o Databases, storages and warehousing: SQL (Teradata, SQL Server, Postgre), NoSQL (Hive, Mongo) or specialized (ElasticSearch, Graph, Druid, Redis)
o Front-end : Angular, React, D3.js
Position to be filled as soon as possible.Based in Montreuil-sous-Bois, accessible via metro line 1 (St-Mandé stop) or line 9 (Porte de Montreuil stop).
Ubisoft is committed to enrich players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.