This job might no longer be available.
Group Engineering Manager F/H – Data & Machine Learning
8 days ago
Ubisoft is natively data-driven: from the core of our games to our marketing actions, we’re leveraging data and algorithms.
To support the growth and maturity of our applied Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics projects, we’re growing a Data & Machine Learning Engineering team.
The role of this team will be to deliver production-level Machine Learning products (apps, services, workflows, tools) and lead projects from the early concepts to prototypes, and from prototypes to a scalable implementation.
The team will be composed of Data Engineers and Software Engineers. Its core missions will be:
- Design, implement and optimize pipelines (data ingestion, transfer or ML computation) into streamlined workflows that can run at scale;
- Write optimized, high quality code into streamlined programs;
- Build data products (user facing applications or APIs);
- Implement the underlying infrastructure (in collaboration with other tech teams) to allow for such performant applications and workflows;
- Always watch for emergent or successful tech stacks, libraries, frameworks, and test them in the spirit of continuous improvement.
To create and lead this team to success, we’re looking for a Group Engineering Manager – Data & Machine Learning Engineering.
The position requires mandatory and significant experience (7+ years):
- in a similar technical role, including shipping Cloud Native software,
- as a Team Lead, Manager, or equivalent.
We’re looking for:
- an entrepreneur mindset ;
- a will to build things from the ground up in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment ;
- a capacity to provide technical solutions based on business opportunities and explain them to non-technical audiences.
The position involves working with a very wide range of technologies, and we don’t expect any candidate to master them all. Yet, we expect a strong appetite and will to work and grow with this variety.
The list below is provided purely to illustrate the type of tools you will face, not as requirements.
- Back End, Processing and workflows: Airflow, Celery, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Kafka;
- Frameworks or libraries: Spark, ML (Tensorflow, Keras, etc), NLP (DialogFlow, Luis, etc);
- Languages : Python, Rust, Go, Java, C#, C++;
- Databases, storages and warehousing: SQL (Teradata, SQL Server, Postgre), NoSQL (Hive, Mongo) or specialized (ElasticSearch, Graph, Druid, Redis);
- Front-end : Angular, React, D3.js
Position to be filled as soon as possible.Based in Montreuil-sous-Bois, accessible via metro line 1 (St-Mandé stop) or line 9 (Porte de Montreuil stop).
The position is attached to International headquarters.
Ubisoft is committed to enrich players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.