Group Creative Director
7 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
As Group Creative Director, Head of Global Brand Design you will lead the evolution of Twitch Brand Design and vision for all creative expressions of the brand- from campaigns to sub-brands to global events. You bring progressive design instinct and bold vision to the table. You know how to nurture teams and talent to do the best work of their careers. You think holistically about brand experience. You are a proven innovator who thrives on delivering elegant and succinct creative solutions to complex briefs. You will be comfortable determining the future state of the globally iconic and dynamic brand that is Twitch.
You are an awarded Creative or Design Director who works collaboratively, thinks conceptually and strategically about campaigns, branding and design. You have a passion for continually exploring the edges of brand expression to memorably impact culture. You have an exceptionally high standard of brand design practice, and you know how to keep things fun!
You will work collaboratively across brand, product, content and integrated marketing teams through a variety of media while also managing and growing your team.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, or New York, NY.
- Report directly to Global Executive Creative Director, Head of Brand
- Oversee the design strategy and creative direction of brand, product and content marketing campaigns.
- Lead development of Twitch Design practice, with a focus on evolving our visual brand design system.
- Develop original, breakthrough creative and design for a variety of marketing and brand experience touch-points.
- Work across functions , balancing the needs of partners and break down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas.
- Empower and energize an outstanding creative team through developing programs and forums for mentorship and expertise.
- Manage a team of designers, art directors, video
- Partner with the Group Creative Director, Campaigns and Head of Global Brand Marketing in pushing creative expression of the brand to new levels of excellence.
- Source and hire best-in-breed creative talent
- 10+ years of experience , with at least 6 years agency experience .
- You have a strong desire to build and nurture diverse teams and nurture diverse perspectives
- Exceptional design and art direction background.
- Able to represent design vision and philosophy.
- Ability to think clearly and contribute to editorial discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion.
- Phenomenal brand development track record
- On time and on budget delivery of all major design, marketing projects
- Retention and job satisfaction of team members
- Have experience in building an in-house creative team
- You are Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming culture
- As a Creative and design leader, you are an advocate of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Free Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.