Groom Artist - Houdini
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
8 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Following our recent success with "Next Gen" (now on Netflix), Tangent Animation is expanding and looking for Groom Artist. If you are seeking to be a part of an exciting project and team-based environment, we’d love to hear from you.
As a groom artist you will be responsible for creating stylized or natural looking hair, fur, feathers ect for human characters, creatures and animals. We are looking for technical artists, someone who can capture the essence of a design and make it come to life in a way that is properly set up for animation and CFX.
- Meet production deadlines and communicate clearly with production management
- Establish and create the final groom of characters
- Work closely with CFX, Modeling, and Surfacing artists
- Participate in reviews and offer insight/suggestions for improving art and workflow
- Bring creative ideas and solutions to achieve look development directed by Art Department
- Experience and knowledge in creating short/long hair for humans, animal fur or creature details
- Look dev and shader creation of hair and fur
- Cooperative teamwork with Modeling, Rigging and Surfacing departments as well as shot departments such as Animation and Character Effects
- Motivated and proactive, maintain an open line of communication with Leads, Supervisors and Production while showing appropriate progress and being open to critique and art direction
- Must produce stylistic and technically consistent, high quality work while maintaining a steady flow of assignments into the pipeline and meeting rigid deadlines
- Being a groom artist requires creativity and an eye for design elements such as detail, scale, flow and composition.
- The artist must be able to learn new programs and create in different visual styles as required;
- A thorough understanding of hair and fur creation in 3D software
- Knowledge of modeling shading and CFX is a bonus
- Artists will be very desirable if they have additional experience Houdini
- Educational requirements are not as important to landing the job as relevant industry experience and a nice demo reel/portfolio, but a degree in computer graphics will give you a competitive edge.
- Be able to work in a team or individually and be a good communicator.
- Experience with Substance Painter/Designer is desired
- Knowledge of Blender would be an asset
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Demo reel/Work link and Resume is mandatory.
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.