This job might no longer be available.
Graphics Tools Programmer
5 months ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar London is on the lookout for talented Graphics Tools Programmer to join our development team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in London.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by graphics programmers, artists, and other departments to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These tools include the content pipeline, graphics specific environments, offline generation, and in-game editing as well as tools to bridge between content creation packages such as 3ds Max and Houdini.
- Primarily would be responsible for the Graphics tools and pipeline.
- Work within the Graphics Code and Tools teams on multiple areas within an established codebase, including our asset pipeline and standalone user-interfaces.
- Implement tasks to specification defined by the Graphics Code leads.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent degree/experience.
- Strong .Net/C# and WPF skills.
- Strong C/C++ skills.
- Experience working with one or more graphics APIs such as DirectX, Vulkan, Metal, etc.
- Basic knowledge of shaders and high-level shading languages such as HLSL, GLSL, Cg, etc.
- Familiarity with at least one asset pipeline.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
- Knowledge of current real-time and graphics rendering techniques.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python).
- Familiarity with digital content creation packages, such as 3ds Max and Houdini.
- Passion for Rockstar's games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.