Graphics Test Engineer
Vilnius, Vilnius County, Lithuania
20 days ago
Are you a highly motivated student with an interest in Graphics planning to become a Game Developer, Technical Artist or Test Engineer? Join us! You will work alongside core Unity Graphics Programmers and Graphics Test Engineers to ensure the functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a primary tool and runtime platform for users. You will get access to new, often unannounced features and are responsible for ensuring their quality. This naturally includes testing if all the basic functionality works, but also extends to figuring out if the feature does what you would expect it to do (including workflows and usability) and creating more elaborate scenarios, usually representing real-life usage. You will get to create art, code, and produce scenes during this process utilizing all of your skills, with complete creative freedom to approach this in whichever way you prefer. You will be a part of a VFX graphics team, which creates features for that area and you will ensure that the quality of everything they produce is up to the level of Unity.
Your graphics test engineer team colleagues will mostly be technical artists and test engineers, which will allow you to share knowledge, communicate, and grow with the support of people who possess a variety of skills relevant to game development.
- Provide feedback about the state of the Unity product in order to support the development and inform development decisions
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback to new features and functionality
- Help develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house, provide assistance and advice
- Currently studying relevant subjects such Computer Science or Gaming.
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, proactive and positive attitude
- Great problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented approach
- Excellent english written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience using Unity
- It's a bonus if you have previously worked with game graphics, especially visual effects
- Passion for testing and software development and for solving hard problems
- Programming experience with scripting languages
- Experience writing shaders
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.