Graphics Software Engineer - Rendering
23 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience that empowers fans to play out their NFL fantasies. Madden NFL has entertained fans for over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA's Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We're looking for talent with an experience with sports to create experiences that connect with football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
As a Rendering Software Engineer, your implementations will change how Sports creates games. You will be reporting to the team's Development or Technical Director, you will be a part of ensuring the studio and adopt new technology and always improve the way we work. Within Sports and EA, you will have a driving partnership with the Frostbite development team, you will work with leading industry talent in one of the world's largest and leading game development communities. You will participate in both internal and external graphics conferences to both gain and share knowledge.
- You will develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
- You will research and implement rendering techniques.
- You will create reusable and flexible rendering technologies.
- You will write technical design specifications.
- You will design, maintains, implements, tests and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
- You will improve rendering modules of a game engine.
- Stay up to date with latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
- 1+ years of experience working on or creating real-time rendering engines.
- 1+ years of experience developing rendering techniques and implementing white papers
- 1+ years of experience in modern graphics APIs such as DirectX12, Vulkan, or Metal
- 1+ years of experience with the following: PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series S/X
- 1+ years of experience with graphics performance analysis, optimization, and associated tools such as PIX, RenderDoc, Razor
- 1+ years of experience with art and content pipelines and workflows
- 1+ years of experience investigating and optimizing low-level game engine code on multiple platforms
- Communication ability that supports an open working environment regarding feedback
- A desire to improve visual quality together with art and design
- Stay up to date with latest and the greatest techniques in computer graphics
- Excellent debugging and multi-threading skills
"US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $114,200 - $166,200
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $99,900 - $166,200
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $131,600 - $168,400
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $99,900 - $141,800
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $99,900 - $168,400
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity."
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.