This job might no longer be available.
Graphics Software Engineer (Mid and Senior Level)
Los Gatos, CA
1 year ago
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Graphics Software Engineer. As a Graphics Software Engineer, you provide the code to visualize online virtual worlds. In this position, you would help maintain and extend our custom graphics engine and tool chain to meet the ever-changing state-of-the-art.
**Every day you could be**
* Implementing advanced rendering techniques for lighting models, material processing, shadows, and more.
* Working on the latest generation of consoles to take advantage of the hardware.
* Utilizing GPU and multi-threaded techniques to improve the frame rate experienced by customers in Cryptic’s games.
* Finding ways to bring the amazing artist creations of the games to the screens of millions of players.
**What we need to see**
* Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
* Experience with constructing and debugging multi-threaded systems.
* Strong communication skills to work cohesively with both engineers and artists.
* Self-drive to learn and implement new rendering techniques.
* Architecturally-minded approach with respect to designing scalable and maintainable code.
* Experience writing and debugging shader code.
* Ability to digest and maneuver through a cross-platform code base rich with features.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
**What we'd like to see**
* Console development experience.
* Conceptual fluency with physically based rendering techniques.
* Mathematical Analysis skills.
* 2+ years of experience.
Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers and memory management and the interview process will test for these skills. Java and C# are not utilized in this job.
**What Cryptic Offers:**
* A fun tight-knit team
* Full-Time role
* Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
* Health Insurance & Perks
* Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.