Graphics Programmer - VR [Snowdrop Engine] (f/m/d)
8 days ago
The Snowdrop engine is efficient and flexible, enabling relatively small teams to create ambitious AAA games. At the core of the Snowdrop engine, we want to empower the developers.
When using Snowdrop, the artists, the designers and the animators have full power and control over the engine to achieve their ideas and vision. Snowdrop is a dynamic and interconnected system, which makes it intuitive and very easy to use.
The Snowdrop engine, with its flexible and empowering tools, has helped develop a number of Ubisoft titles such as The Division, The Settlers, and South Park.
What You'll do
As our new Graphics Programmer you get the opportunity to create the technical backbone of the game and production pipeline.
Through a focus on visualization related technologies, from low-level to high-level, you provide all the development teams with technical solutions to produce and carry out their vision and intentions into the game.
You will develop engines, tools and systems to ensure optimal and sustainable performance of the game and pipeline.
- Focus on making our games shine on VR
- Provide and maintain the technical foundation for visualization features that assist our VR productions in creating memorable experiences for our players
- Research, design, implement and maintain graphics modules with a strong focus on VR, performance, target platform budget and reusability
- Work on multiple platforms and areas such as rendering api, asset processing, terrain and other environment systems, lighting and special effects like post-processing and particles
- Maintain and extend the existing graphics frameworks, safeguarding and improving stability and performance
- Work with the team on realizing their game vision while maintaining the time, frame and memory budgets
- Analyze and improve performance and memory footprint of graphics and pipeline features for all target platforms
What you bring
- Strong C++ experience
- Experience with current rendering APIs (e.g. DirectX 12, Vulkan, Metal)
- Knowledge of industry standard CPU and GPU architectures
- Good knowledge of advanced mathematics
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded rendering architectures
- Experience in working with existing game engines
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience, or passion for, VR/AR techniques is a plus
What we Bring
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Snowdrop and Ubisoft Connect.